Buggy grounds

Support for running, installing or compiling OpenMW

Before you submit a bug report for the first time, please read: Bug reporting guidelines
Syl

Buggy grounds

Post by Syl »

Greets!

Here's my trouble: i got illuminated grounds durin the night (see screenshot). Seems that some meshes are missin (screenshot 2), but don't know wich.
You could help?
Screenshot_1.png
Screenshot_1.png (320.6 KiB) Viewed 3718 times
Screenshot_1.png
Screenshot_1.png (320.6 KiB) Viewed 3718 times
Attachments
Screenshot_2.png
Screenshot_2.png (54.3 KiB) Viewed 3718 times
wareya

Re: Buggy grounds

Post by wareya »

This is related to how OpenMW's current renderer decides what lights to illuminate objects with, and how it sends lighting info to them. It's not very good ATM, and needs tweaking.
Syl

Post by Syl »

Ooook. Not my bad then. Thxs for you! :)
wareya

Post by wareya »

Okay, I had a better look and it looks like some kind of graphics driver issue, not a lighting issue. I was very tired the last time I looked, sorry!
AnyOldName3

Post by AnyOldName3 »

Have you tried toggling the force shaders option in settings.cfg? Also, the texture layer in use but empty thing isn't normal, is it?
Syl

Post by Syl »

[Shaders]
auto use object normal maps = true
auto use object specular maps = true

That's all i got in my settings with shaders.
AnyOldName3

Post by AnyOldName3 »

Try adding

Code: Select all

force shaders = true
Atahualpa

Post by Atahualpa »

@Syl: What's the status on this? Have you tried AnyOldName3's code?

I wasn't able to reproduce the issue neither on 0.44.0 RC nor on 0.45.0 RC3 (64-bit Windows, no mods, no shaders activated).
Do you use mesh replacers for the default rock meshes?
aaronp

Post by aaronp »

I was having similar issue just yesterday with git master. Not as pronounced, but some textures were flickering black in external cells, including some rocks, the Seyda Neen boat, foliage, and mah face. Trying vanilla seemed to have the same issue with the Seyda Need boat (I didn't look farther than that).

In this case, the issue seems to have been caused by building with the openmw osg fork. Building with the stock osg34 from the arch repos seems to have solved this issue. Obviously this is a Windows build. I don't think they mentioned what version of openmw or osg was being used here, but trying building with a different version of osg34 might help. Trying to build with osg36 or git master caused an immediate crash on loading external cells for me.