OpenMW crashes after logo video

Support for running, installing or compiling OpenMW

Before you submit a bug report for the first time, please read: Bug reporting guidelines
Ejulabilis

OpenMW crashes after logo video

Post by Ejulabilis »

Hello there,
I have Steam GotY version (1.6.1820) with all 8 official add-ons installed (see "Data Files" screenshot). I use 32-bit version of OpenMW 0.44.0.
The problem is that after logo video when game loading error message appears. OpenMW settings, config and log file included to the post. Any ideas?

Screenshots:
Spoiler: Show
openmw.cfg:
openmw.log:
Morrowind.ini:
If needed I can provide additional information.
Capostrophic

Re: OpenMW crashes after logo video

Post by Capostrophic »

Remove "you can experiment with this" from SurfaceFPS value. If you delete it from Morrowind.ini, reimport the file.

I agree though that it should be possible to handle invalid arguments better, so I made something that should improve the situation and I filed this bug report for the issue.
Ejulabilis

Re: OpenMW crashes after logo video

Post by Ejulabilis »

Capostrophic wrote: 28 Dec 2018, 21:00 Remove "you can experiment with this" from SurfaceFPS value. If you delete it from Morrowind.ini, reimport the file.

I agree though that it should be possible to handle invalid arguments better, so I made something that should improve the situation and I filed this bug report for the issue.
Oh, thank you very much! Now it's working very well! I've just edited openmw.cfg file, there is no need to edit Morrowind.ini file. So I can try multiplayer with my friend.