Hiding traps

Support for running, installing or compiling OpenMW

Before you submit a bug report for the first time, please read: Bug reporting guidelines
Syl

Hiding traps

Post by Syl »

Greets!

Is there a mod or comand to have the hide traps/locks level fix of the MCP?

Cheers!
heilkitty

Re: Hiding traps

Post by heilkitty »

I think, there's no such option in OpenMW at the moment.
silentthief

Post by silentthief »

Syl wrote: 27 Dec 2018, 14:09 Greets!

Is there a mod or comand to have the hide traps/locks level fix of the MCP?

Cheers!
This is not yet available. I think that this can be made available after 1.0, but I doubt that it would be possible to do this yet with scripting.

ST
PS - I was the one who petitioned Hrnchamd to have this ability with the MCP for vanilla to remove the messagebox that says "locked" or "trapped" because not only did I think that it was ridiculous that they announced this, but I also wanted to flush out the Thief type character build.

(The reason why - with the option set in MCP to not display the messageboxes for traps, I used MWSE to make it so that chests that were trapped had a trap "item" in them that would be removed if you managed to get the container open, and you had a low chance to detect it if you were looking at the chest, and that chance increased the longer you looked at the container - up to a percent equal your security skill. I also wanted to make detect/remove traps spells but did not get that far. I was not as successful with trapped doors because with the chests I could check if there was the trapped "item" in the container, but not on a door - I did not figure out a way to tell if the door was trapped or not (you cannot simply replace it with another door that is trapped - as that runs the risk of breaking other mods/changing things in existing mods/ causing issues). Never released the progress I made on this, but I still have it and hope to finish it)
Syl

Post by Syl »

A pity, cause yes, that's ridiculous warning. Would have thouht that easier to remove, but I'm a noob on codin... Intrestin ST your trap device, should be a good improvement.
Thxs for your replies! :)