[SOLVED] Installing Morrowind on my Mac

Support for running, installing or compiling OpenMW

Before you submit a bug report for the first time, please read: Bug reporting guidelines
Peteroo

[SOLVED] Installing Morrowind on my Mac

Post by Peteroo »

Good morning, all!

I have the Steam version of Morrowing GotY installed on my Mac under Crossover, but find that OpenMW's wizard doesn't recognize this as an existing installation -- doubtless because the emulation layer gets in the way. I figure I need to copy & paste the files from within Crossover to the Mac proper -- but this task does not seem to be within my limited skillset. :) Can someone instruct me on how to do this, let me know if in fact it's not do-able or refer me to a relevant topic. (I searched but didn't find one.)

Many thanks!

Peter

Edited by Atahualpa: Marked this topic as solved.
terabyte25

Re: Installing Morrowind on my Mac

Post by terabyte25 »

If the wizard is unable to detect an installation of Morrowind, you must manually naviagate to the Morrowind data files from it.
Peteroo

Post by Peteroo »

I must have made an error in my earlier cutting and pasting. Fixed and running! :) Now I just have to find a mod to make the typeface bigger -- and figure out how to installl it. Can anyone offer suggestions on that score?
lysol

Post by lysol »

https://github.com/Isaskar/Pelagiad

This one is super sharp and you can scale it. Can't remember exactly how though. Akortunov knows more than I do.