Need help with importing saved game

Support for running, installing or compiling OpenMW

Before you submit a bug report for the first time, please read: Bug reporting guidelines
Moon

Need help with importing saved game

Post by Moon »

Hi, I just installed OpenMW. The reason I installed it is because my regular MW crashes to desktop every 10 - 30 minutes, and I heard through other places that it might help with that.

I have a saved game that I would like to continue, but I'm not sure how to retrieve it, I don't have the option when OpenMW's version of the game runs.

I am running Windows 8, with Steam's Morrowind with the Tribunal and Bloodmoon edition, if that helps any.

I'm pretty new to this, so sorry if this is a dumb question. Thanks.
lysol

Re: Need help with importing saved game

Post by lysol »

The save game importer was mostly just for testing purposes and not really useable, last I heard. It's just not finished yet, and no one has worked on it for years. So I'm sorry, but starting a new game is probably your best solution.
terabyte25

Post by terabyte25 »

lysol wrote: 11 Dec 2018, 05:53 The save game importer was mostly just for testing purposes and not really useable, last I heard. It's just not finished yet, and no one has worked on it for years. So I'm sorry, but starting a new game is probably your best solution.
Item conversion works, as well as spells, but the journal entries are not functional.
Atahualpa

Post by Atahualpa »

@Moon: If you want to try the ESS importer, check out this recent thread. But as lysol and terabyte25 already said: The importer is not yet finished - and this won't change prior to v1.0.