Bug : doubled Fortify Magicka and fortify attribute

Support for running, installing or compiling OpenMW

Before you submit a bug report for the first time, please read: Bug reporting guidelines
Jerome89

Bug : doubled Fortify Magicka and fortify attribute

Post by Jerome89 »

Hello,

I run openMW with a few mods, and I'm facing a strange bug : after a couple of hours of gameplay, I get my birthsign ("The Mage") spells (fortify Magicka and fortify attribute) doubled, and my magicka rise from 140 to 270.
I don't have this problem at start, but after some hours of gameplay.
Once I get it, every previous savegames - including the first ones that were OK, I'm sure about it - are corrupted : the two spells are doubled whatever the savegame I try to load. Relaunch the game doesn't change anything.

Only mods that have an impact on Magicka are :
- BTB improvements
- Purist Magicka Regen
- Tired and hungry

Also, I'm using the last OpenMW nightly version (10th of october)

Can someone help me on that bug ?
Jerome89

Re: Bug : doubled Fortify Magicka and fortify attribute

Post by Jerome89 »

I know when this happen now, but not why.
This is happenning when I first load a savegame. While I'm playing (new game), everything's fine. As soon as I load a savegame, permantent spells are doubled
Equinox

Post by Equinox »

A noteworthy issue that i think you should report in the bugtracker since the devs seldom go to the forum. And because this post might get buried by other new post.
Jerome89

Post by Jerome89 »

Reason for that problem is BTB improvements mod. If I remove that mod and start a new game, everything's fine and I can load a savegame properly.
BTB improvements is definitively not compatible with last OpenMW nightly version (didn't test with older version)
Capostrophic

Post by Capostrophic »

This is a known issue. BTB mod replaces the birthsign spells in a tricky way and OpenMW reapplies the original spells upon reloading the save. See bug 4329.