My normal map doesn't work in game.

Support for running, installing or compiling OpenMW

Before you submit a bug report for the first time, please read: Bug reporting guidelines
natinnet

My normal map doesn't work in game.

Post by natinnet »

Hi, I tried to make a ground/rock texture for this engine. But it looks like both normal and specular maps don't work.

What did I do wrong?
Attachments
mesh test.zip
(7.98 MiB) Downloaded 186 times
AnyOldName3

Re: My normal map doesn't work in game.

Post by AnyOldName3 »

The only issue I'm seeing in the zip is that you've called your textures folder testures instead, but if that were the case on your machine, too, it wouldn't have even picked up the texture we're seeingin the screenshot. It's possible that there's another issue I've missed, though, so other people should consider taking a look.
DestinedToDie

Post by DestinedToDie »

If the base texture is rocks_d, then the normal needs to be named rocks_d_n and the specular needs to be named rocks_d_spec. Otherwise the engine will not automatically assign specular and normal to rocks_d.
Ravenwing

Post by Ravenwing »

Note, you can change the default way OpenMW looks for normal/spec mapping, but if you haven't then the above is probably your problem.

I'd check here for more info as well: https://openmw.readthedocs.io/en/master ... asics.html
natinnet

Post by natinnet »

DestinedToDie wrote: 13 Oct 2018, 05:25 If the base texture is rocks_d, then the normal needs to be named rocks_d_n and the specular needs to be named rocks_d_spec. Otherwise the engine will not automatically assign specular and normal to rocks_d.
Thanks, renaming of the diffuse map solved the problem: