Screen Resolution

Support for running, installing or compiling OpenMW

Before you submit a bug report for the first time, please read: Bug reporting guidelines
ElderTroll

Screen Resolution

Post by ElderTroll »

What is the max screen resolution? Are you planning on keeping it below 1080p until after the 1.0 release?
ezzetabi

Re: Screen Resolution

Post by ezzetabi »

It should not be too difficult to calculate the FOV from the current resolution.
Or at least it is possible for this site.

If OpenMW would adjust the FOV using the resolution it should just-work; at least for the 3d world. The overlay menus might appear only in the center, but it is not a problem.
Yacoby

Post by Yacoby »

ElderTroll wrote:What is the max screen resolution? Are you planning on keeping it below 1080p until after the 1.0 release?
1080p is 1920×1080? I am not clued up with television resolutions.

Anyway, it should run at what your monitor(s) support. I have run it at 2580x1024.
ezzetabi

Post by ezzetabi »

Yacoby wrote:1080p is 1920×1080?
yep, and the p stands for Progressive.
ElderTroll

Post by ElderTroll »

Thanks everyone.

Turns out my computers resolution is low. I think this feature in itself will be exciting to people. Yacoby, I would love to see a video taken from your computer. Does OpenMW support mods/texture replacers/higher polygon models?
werdanith

Post by werdanith »

OpenMW is based on Ogre3d, probably the most popular open source graphics engine, and whatever Ogre supports, we can support with a little tweaking, or an extra library. You can look up some demos in youtube to see what we'll be eventually capable of.
ElderTroll

Post by ElderTroll »

All the wonderful programs, editors, and features the Ogre community develops and shares offer huge possibilities for OpenMW's future. However, I think there was a misunderstanding. I want to know if OpenMW can load and render the high resolution texture replacements that fans have made for Morrowind? I assume OpenMW can, but I just wanted confirmation.
Zini

Post by Zini »

These are simply drop-in replacements for the texture files, right? Then I see no problem. I am occasionally testing OpenMW with the U9: Redemption TC (where I am one of the lead developers). We are using high-res textures and they work flawlessly.
psi29a
Gitlab profile: https://gitlab.com/psi29a/

Post by psi29a »

Zini wrote:These are simply drop-in replacements for the texture files, right? Then I see no problem. I am occasionally testing OpenMW with the U9: Redemption TC (where I am one of the lead developers). We are using high-res textures and they work flawlessly.
I had no idea you lead up U9... I was watching that project as well. :)

Would that then make U9 running on OpenMW a complete game (per definition for Total Conversion) or would that still require morrowind.esm?

Cheers!
Zini

Post by Zini »

Would that then make U9 running on OpenMW a complete game (per definition for Total Conversion) or would that still require morrowind.esm?
Nope. We are reusing some of the MW models. Morrowind.esm is not required, but a bunch of textures and meshes and even a few sound effects.