Warnings and Failed to open

Support for running, installing or compiling OpenMW

Before you submit a bug report for the first time, please read: Bug reporting guidelines
TheWickedGamer

Warnings and Failed to open

Post by TheWickedGamer »

I originally posted my issues on the S.T.E.P. forum, but as I dug deeper, all of my issues pointed me back to OpenMW. The original forum link is below:

http://forum.step-project.com/topic/136 ... from-step/

My opemmw.log warnings and errors below:

Code: Select all

Warning: controller R2_Claw02 present more than once in meshes/r/xsiltstrider.kf, ignoring later version
Loading cell -3, 5
Loading cell -3, 6
Loading cell -3, 7
Loading cell -2, 5
Loading cell -2, 6
Warning: texture layer 6 is in use but empty in meshes/b/b_n_high elf_m_head_02.nif
Loading cell -2, 7
Loading cell -1, 5
Loading cell -1, 6
Loading cell -1, 7
warning 01_Pal_CG_ringScript line 21, column 27 (GetInterior)
    stray explicit reference (ignoring it)
warning 01_Pal_CG_ringScript line 25, column 27 (GetInterior)
warning 01_pal_cg_newalmdivrecall line 26, column 6 (endif)
    endif without matching if/elseif
warning 01_pal_cg_newalmdivrecall line 29, column 27 (GetInterior)
warning 01_pal_cg_newalmdivrecall line 33, column 31 (GetInterior)
Unhandled controller NiPathController on node 90 in meshes/e/magic_cast_myst.nif
Playing music/explore/mx_explore_7.mp3
Failed to open image: Resource 'icons/a/tx_domina_boots.dds' not found
Failed to open image: Resource 'icons/a/tx_domina_cuirass.dds' not found
Failed to open image: Resource 'icons/a/tx_domina_greaves.dds' not found
Failed to open image: Resource 'icons/a/tx_domina_helm.dds' not found
Failed to open image: Resource 'icons/a/tx_domina_glove.dds' not found
Failed to open image: Resource 'icons/a/tx_domina_pauldron.dds' not found
Quitting peacefully.
I tried to figure out the solution (by Googling), but I wasn't able to figure out most of these issues. What I found is below:

Warning: controller R2_Claw02 present more than once in meshes/r/xsiltstrider.kf, ignoring later version
I don't know, I found a forum where someone has the same issue, but I cannot understand what is going on (over my head). Also, the link below describes the same issue on an older version of OpenMW.

http://forum.openmw.org/viewtopic.php?t=3768&start=40

Warning: texture layer 6 is in use but empty in meshes/b/b_n_high elf_m_head_02.nif
This is on the Westly mod (it exists in the files), the thing is, the file is there, I don't know what's wrong.

I think this has to do with my companion (Mage Companion Gabrial), I did notice that the teleport ring I have for her doesn't work (if she gets lost). Also, When I level up, I can assign her a magic skill also, when I do this she dies - I can fix through console though.

viewtopic.php?t=3236

Unhandled controller NiPathController on node 90 in meshes/e/magic_cast_myst.nif
I don't know, maybe due to my house (Balmora Stronghold), but my issue is different than the issue described in the thread below:

viewtopic.php?t=3809

As for these, I have no clue. This is the issue that made me want to figure out what is going on (along with missing ring textures).
TheWickedGamer

Re: Warnings and Failed to open

Post by TheWickedGamer »

Here are some screenshots of my issues:
Attachments
Buildings and Silt Strider have a shiny silver texture (may be working correctly).
Buildings and Silt Strider have a shiny silver texture (may be working correctly).
Inventory
Inventory
Inventory
Inventory
Inventory
Inventory
Self Explanatory
Self Explanatory
TheWickedGamer

Post by TheWickedGamer »

Building didn't upload:
Attachments
AnyOldName3

Post by AnyOldName3 »

Shiny things that shouldn't be shiny: MGE XE repurposed the vanilla environment map texture slot to be used for normal maps, so mods made for it with normal maps have them in a weird place. OpenMW copies the vanilla behaviour and displays those textures as environment maps, which looks silly as that's not what they are. To use normal mapped mods in OpenMW, they need converting by following this guide: https://openmw.readthedocs.io/en/master ... -mods.html (although some mods will already have conversions available on the Nexus).

Textures etc. not found: This is almost certainly because they're not actually there because of a mistake while installing mods.

Controller present more than once: Bethesda are not competent, and made mistakes while making meshes. You shouldn't need to worry when you see this kind of warning.

Script warnings: Bethesda are not competent, and created an absolutely bonkers script compiler. If you feed it a script it doesn't like (either because it contains errors or because that's what mood your computer is in that day) instead of giving an error message telling you to fix your script, it'll just produce random bytecode which sometimes happens to be what you were intending just by coincidence, and other times is just wrong. This means that both the vanilla game and many mods contain buggy scripts as no one told their creators there was anything wrong. OpenMW runs the scripts directly instead of the bytecode, but actually prints out warnings and errors when it encounters something wrong. If it's a warning, OpenMW will usually make a best guess about what the original engine would have done, and often everything will be fine (although ideally the mod author should fix the issue even if it is). Some mods will just not work, though, as the original script is very wrong, and the original bytecode only worked because the stars aligned to spell out the colour of Todd Howard's socks on the night the script was compiled, and they'll need fixing to work with OpenMW.
TheWickedGamer

Post by TheWickedGamer »

AnyOldName3 wrote: 25 Sep 2018, 16:02 Shiny things that shouldn't be shiny: MGE XE repurposed the vanilla environment map texture slot to be used for normal maps, so mods made for it with normal maps have them in a weird place. OpenMW copies the vanilla behaviour and displays those textures as environment maps, which looks silly as that's not what they are. To use normal mapped mods in OpenMW, they need converting by following this guide: https://openmw.readthedocs.io/en/master ... -mods.html (although some mods will already have conversions available on the Nexus).

Textures etc. not found: This is almost certainly because they're not actually there because of a mistake while installing mods.

Controller present more than once: Bethesda are not competent, and made mistakes while making meshes. You shouldn't need to worry when you see this kind of warning.

Script warnings: Bethesda are not competent, and created an absolutely bonkers script compiler. If you feed it a script it doesn't like (either because it contains errors or because that's what mood your computer is in that day) instead of giving an error message telling you to fix your script, it'll just produce random bytecode which sometimes happens to be what you were intending just by coincidence, and other times is just wrong. This means that both the vanilla game and many mods contain buggy scripts as no one told their creators there was anything wrong. OpenMW runs the scripts directly instead of the bytecode, but actually prints out warnings and errors when it encounters something wrong. If it's a warning, OpenMW will usually make a best guess about what the original engine would have done, and often everything will be fine (although ideally the mod author should fix the issue even if it is). Some mods will just not work, though, as the original script is very wrong, and the original bytecode only worked because the stars aligned to spell out the colour of Todd Howard's socks on the night the script was compiled, and they'll need fixing to work with OpenMW.
Ok, thanks for the response, I will mess around and try to figure things out, I never thought about downloading a mod for MGE XE and checking to see if there was an OpenMW version - though now you said that I remember that some mods had ones specifically for OpenMW (which I originally got mods for MGE XE, then switched to OpenMW).
TheGrimblade

Post by TheGrimblade »

For the Domina armor (and other missing textures), have you tried reinstalling the Official Mods Compendium (and other mods)? As was already suggested, you may have incorrectly installed those mods. I know you said you followed the STEP guide for OpenMW compatible mods, but it would also be helpful to have your full load order.

For the exclamation points, did you remember to modify your Documents\My Games\OpenMW\openmw.cfg file with fallback-archive=<mod title>.bsa for mods using .bsa archives? That is a common reason why that would happen with OpenMW. It is not sufficient to make the equivalent modifications to any vanilla Morrowind .ini files.
Edit: Nevermind, that was an issue with the Gabrial mod that was already answered.
TheWickedGamer

Post by TheWickedGamer »

TheGrimblade wrote: 25 Sep 2018, 21:27 For the Domina armor (and other missing textures), have you tried reinstalling the Official Mods Compendium (and other mods)? As was already suggested, you may have incorrectly installed those mods. I know you said you followed the STEP guide for OpenMW compatible mods, but it would also be helpful to have your full load order.

For the exclamation points, did you remember to modify your Documents\My Games\OpenMW\openmw.cfg file with fallback-archive=<mod title>.bsa for mods using .bsa archives? That is a common reason why that would happen with OpenMW. It is not sufficient to make the equivalent modifications to any vanilla Morrowind .ini files.
Edit: Nevermind, that was an issue with the Gabrial mod that was already answered.
I took a break from working on this yesterday, but I'm back working on it again, my load order is below. I copied/pasted my load order directly off of my openmw.cfg file and deleted the file path to make it easier to read. All mods are in the order they are in on the S.T.E.P. guide except my house and my companion which are at the bottom.

All mods:

Morrowind Optimization Patch
Correct Meshes
Pherim's Small and WIP Mods
Correct UV Mudcrabs
Patch for Purists
Ingredients Mesh Replacer 2.2
Dunmer Lanterns Replacer
MIO (Mesh Improvements Optimized)
RR - Better Meshes
Better Meshes plus Optimization
PikachunoTMs Mesh Artifact Improvements and Replacers
PikachunoTMs Mesh Artifact Improvements and Replacers 2
MOAR Mesh Replacers
Objects-Clutter\Connary
Wood Furniture
AOF Containers
Detailed Tapestries
SWGs Detailed Rugs-23986
AST Beds Remastered
Better Kegstands
Arukinns Better Books and Scrolls
Guar Skin Banners for OpenMW and Vanilla Morrowind
One True Faith - Saints and Frescoes Retexture
Dunmeri Urns - Aestetika of Vvardenfell
Long Live The Limeware - Retexture
Long Live The Glassware - Retexture
Long Live The Plates - Retexture
HD Clutter - 1K Brass Retexture
HD Clutter - 1K Ceramic
HD Clutter - 1K Decorative Retexture
HD Clutter - 1K Metal Retexture
HD Clutter - 1K Redware
HD Clutter - 1K Wicker
HD Clutter - HD Bottles and Jugs Retexture
Remiros' Alcohol HD
Objects-Clutter\Better Skulls
EKM Vanilla-Based Paper Lanterns v1.0
Ket's Potions and Beverages Retexture
Ket's Swirlwood Furniture retexture
Signposts Retextured
Well Lit Lanterns
Apel's Lighthouse Retexture
Imperial Houses and Forts Retexture - Ordo Arkitektora
Bump-mapped AOFs Imperial Housing with optional Vanilla-Friendly Retexture
Telvanni - Arkitektora of Vvardenfell
Shacks Docks and Ships - Arkitektora of Vvardenfell
Velothi Retexture
Daedric Ruins Retexture
Daedric Ruins - Arkitektora of Vvardenfell
Sewers - Arkitektora of Vvardenfell
Aesthesia - Hlaalu textures
Architecture\HAM Skar Classic 4096x textures
Skar mega textures
Dwemer Mesh Improvement
Full Dwemer Retexture
R-Zero's Random Retextures - Chimney Smoke
R-Zero's Random Retextures - Dwemer Coin
R-Zero's Random Retextures - Iron Towershield
R-Zero's Random Retextures - Quill
R-Zero's Random Retextures - Servant's Skull
Beyonder's 40K Texture Pack - Ultimate Dunmer Strongholds
Mournhold Overhaul v21
Architecture\High-res Skaal Retex
Articus Old Mournhold and Sewers Retexture 2K
Articus Old Stucco 2K Retexture
Architecture\Ashlanders textures
Dragon Statue Replacer
Curvybody meshes and textures (Roberts Converted)
Westly
Dark Elf Head Replacer
Pluginless Khajiit Head Pack
Animation Compilation
newbeastbodies33mature
Divine Dagoths
Robe Overhaul - Basic Version
Mage Robes
New Gondolier Helm
Unique Finery Replacer UFR
Ice Blade of the Monarch Replacer
Mehrunes' Razor - Vanilla Plus
Correct Iron Warhammer
Volendrung
Fang of Haynekhtnamet Replacer
Bonemold Bow Replacer
HiRez Armors- Native Styles
HiRez Armors- Native Styles V2
HiRez Native Armor Styles V2 Fixes
HiRez Armors - textures fixess
Armors Retexture - Outlander Styles
Less Bulky Pauldrons
Colovian helm and heavy leather boots retexture
Royalguard better armor
Daedric Lord Armor Morrowind Edition
Orcish retexture v1.2
More Realisitc Dwemer Armor
Bear Armor Replacer
Darknut's Creature Textures
Darknut's Creature Textures addendum
Cliffracer Replacer
Nix-Hound Replacer 1.0
Guars replacer - Aendemika of Vvardenfell
Kagouti replacer - Aendemika of Vvardenfell
Alit replacer - Aendemika of Vvardenfell
Better Spriggans
Better Scamps
Silt Strider Replacer
Tyddy's Landscape Retexture
Tyddy's landscape fix
Apel's Asura Coast and Sheogorath Region Retexture
Hackle-lo Fixed
Apels Ascadian Isles Retex
Remiros' Ascadian Isles Trees 2
MFR - Grass
MFR - Trees
MFR - Alternative
MFR - HD Grass
Vanilla-friendly West Gash Tree Replacer
Vurts Bitter Coast Trees II
Bitter Coast Redux I - Landscape Textures
BCR II - Flora HD
BCR II - Vanilla Trees HD
Vurt's Grazelands Trees v1.31
Vurts Ashlands Overhaul
Vurts Solstheim Tree Replacer II
Comberry Bush and Ingredient Replacer
Hanging Vines Replacer
Flora-Landscape\Articus Bush
Articus Ivy
Better Waterfalls
Bungler's Bane and Hypha Facia HD
Flora-Landscape\Minor S.T.E.P. Fixes
Flora-Landscape\Ozzys Merged 1
HD Concept-art splash screen and main menu
Better Dialogue Font
Chocolate UI
Journal and scroll BG replacement
16x9 Version
Ultimate Icon Replacer
Movement Fatigue Halved
Holidays Across Tamriel - Vvardenfell
Purist Friendly Magicka Regen
Official Plugins Fixes 11
Bloodmoon Rebalance
Tribunal Rebalance
Distant Mournhold
Yet Another Guard Diversity
Balmora Stronghold Open Morrowind compatible-43069-1-1
magecompaniongabrial_v1_2
My .esp's:

content=Morrowind.esm
content=Tribunal.esm
content=Bloodmoon.esm
content=Patch for Purists.esm
content=ATL-Bloodskal Blade No Extra Changes.esp
content=Better Skulls.ESP
content=PB_SignpostsRetextured.esp
content=BalmoraStrongholdOM.esp
content=Robert's Bodies.ESP
content=New Argonian Bodies - Mature.esp
content=New Khajiit Bodies - Mature.esp
content=Mage Robes.ESP
content=UFR_v3dot2_noRobe.esp
content=DaedricArmor.esp
content=BearArmorReplacer.ESP
content=Remiros' Ascadian Isles Trees 2 - Unique Trees.ESP
content=Vurt's BC Tree Replacer II.ESP
content=Vurt's Grazelands Trees.ESP
content=Vurt's Ashlands Overhaul.esp
content=Ozzy's Grass - Merged.esp
content=Holidays Across Tamriel - Vvardenfell.esp
content=MovementFatigueHalved.esp
content=Purist-friendly magicka regen.ESP
content=EBQ_Artifact.esp
content=LeFemmArmor.esp
content=Siege at Firemoth.esp
content=Bloodmoon Rebalance.ESP
content=tribunal rebalance.ESP
content=Mournhold LOD.ESP
content=Yet Another Guard Diversity.ESP
content=Mage Companion Gabrial v1_2.esp
Last edited by TheWickedGamer on 26 Sep 2018, 10:56, edited 2 times in total.
TheWickedGamer

Post by TheWickedGamer »

I am keeping a record of my changes while it is fresh on my mind just in case someone else experiences any of these same issues. Note I don't know if any of this will fix anything yet.

On the S.T.E.P. guide (http://wiki.step-project.com/Guide:Morrowind), under User Interface, I moved HD Concept-art splash screen and main menu to the main install directory of Morrowind (I have a full vanilla backup). I deleted the 16x9 Version, which is HD Intro Cinematic - English because it requres the Code Patch which is incompatible with OpenMW (and it is only used at the very beginning anyways when starting a new game). I also deleted Ultimate Icon Replacer because it updates a left glove, which is one of the textures I have issues with. All of these changes are under the User Interface category.

Also, I checked every mods download page in the S.T.E.P. guide and found three mods that have a different download for OpenMW:

Guar Skin Banners
Beyonder's 40K Texture Pack - Ultimate Dunmer Strongholds
Various tweaks and fixes

I haven't updated anything yet, but I will give my results once I do.

Edit:

I didn't change the Guar Skin Banners as they are working properly (both files are compatible with OpenMW). I did change the other two files though. I was hoping for something being fixed, but the left glove is still missing, all buildings and Silt Strider are still silver (I haven't done the conversion that AnyOldName3 showed me yet though).

After testing these are my warnings and errors:

2nd Edit:

The warnings and errors below don't reflect the change I am about to describe. On the mod Bump-mapped AOFs Imperial Housing with optional Vanilla-Friendly Retexture, I switched from the main file (Bump-mapped AOFs Imperial Housing with optional Vanilla-Friendly Retexture) to the optional file (Vanilla-Friendly Retexture without any bump-map) and all the buildings are fixed now, they don't have the shiny silver texture. I also removed the Silt Strider Replacer mod and they are now fixed also, though they are vanilla texture (which is ok for me).

3rd Edit:

Holy crap (or insert obscenity here), never would I imagine that I would have to download the Domina and Gold armor from a plugin (found here http://en.uesp.net/wiki/Morrowind:LeFemm_Armor) and that it isn't included in the base game on Steam. Wow. So most of my issues are now resolved, Maurrie's Left Glove Texture is still missing, and I assume other jewelry items also (the ring in the barrel at the very beginning which you give to the guy - we are going to be very good friends), that texture was missing also. But I was mostly concerned about full armor textures missing, I thought it was something I did wrong.

Thank you again AnyOldName3 and TheGrimBlade, I appreciate it.

can't find emitter node, wrong node order? in meshes/x/ex_waterfall_mist_01.nif
can't find emitter node, wrong node order? in meshes/x/ex_waterfall_mist_s_01.nif

Failed to open image: Resource 'icons/alais/c/c_glove_extrav_s_l.dds' not found
Failed to open image: Resource 'icons/a/tx_goldarmor_helm.dds' not found

Unhandled NiTextureEffect type 0 in meshes/x/ex_gg_fence_s_04.nif
Unhandled NiTextureEffect type 0 in meshes/x/ex_gg_fence_s_02.nif
Just to be complete about this, here is my full openmw.log after fixing everything I have fixed:

Loading config file: C:\Users\Owner\Documents\My Games\OpenMW/openmw.cfg... done.
Loading config file: ./openmw.cfg... done.
OpenMW version 0.44.0
Revision: ef85b1393a
Using default (English) font encoding.
OSG version: 3.4.1
Loading settings file: ./settings-default.cfg
Loading settings file: C:\Users\Owner\Documents\My Games\OpenMW/settings.cfg
Adding BSA archive B:\Games\Steam\steamapps\common\Morrowind\Data Files\Morrowind.bsa
Adding BSA archive B:\Games\Steam\steamapps\common\Morrowind\Data Files\Tribunal.bsa
Adding BSA archive B:\Games\Steam\steamapps\common\Morrowind\Data Files\Bloodmoon.bsa
Adding data directory B:\Games\Steam\steamapps\common\Morrowind\Data Files
Adding data directory B:\Games\Steam\steamapps\common\Morrowind\Mods\Fixes-Patches\Morrowind Optimization Patch
Adding data directory B:\Games\Steam\steamapps\common\Morrowind\Mods\Fixes-Patches\Correct Meshes
Adding data directory B:\Games\Steam\steamapps\common\Morrowind\Mods\Fixes-Patches\Pherim's Small and WIP Mods
Adding data directory B:\Games\Steam\steamapps\common\Morrowind\Mods\Fixes-Patches\Correct UV Mudcrabs
Adding data directory B:\Games\Steam\steamapps\common\Morrowind\Mods\Fixes-Patches\Patch for Purists
Adding data directory B:\Games\Steam\steamapps\common\Morrowind\Mods\Meshes\Ingredients Mesh Replacer 2.2
Adding data directory B:\Games\Steam\steamapps\common\Morrowind\Mods\Meshes\Dunmer Lanterns Replacer
Adding data directory B:\Games\Steam\steamapps\common\Morrowind\Mods\Meshes\MIO (Mesh Improvements Optimized)
Adding data directory B:\Games\Steam\steamapps\common\Morrowind\Mods\Meshes\RR - Better Meshes
Adding data directory B:\Games\Steam\steamapps\common\Morrowind\Mods\Meshes\Better Meshes plus Optimization
Adding data directory B:\Games\Steam\steamapps\common\Morrowind\Mods\Meshes\PikachunoTMs Mesh Artifact Improvements and Replacers
Adding data directory B:\Games\Steam\steamapps\common\Morrowind\Mods\Meshes\PikachunoTMs Mesh Artifact Improvements and Replacers 2
Adding data directory B:\Games\Steam\steamapps\common\Morrowind\Mods\Meshes\MOAR Mesh Replacers
Adding data directory B:\Games\Steam\steamapps\common\Morrowind\Mods\Objects-Clutter\Connary
Adding data directory B:\Games\Steam\steamapps\common\Morrowind\Mods\Objects-Clutter\Wood Furniture
Adding data directory B:\Games\Steam\steamapps\common\Morrowind\Mods\Objects-Clutter\AOF Containers
Adding data directory B:\Games\Steam\steamapps\common\Morrowind\Mods\Objects-Clutter\Detailed Tapestries
Adding data directory B:\Games\Steam\steamapps\common\Morrowind\Mods\Objects-Clutter\SWGs Detailed Rugs-23986
Adding data directory B:\Games\Steam\steamapps\common\Morrowind\Mods\Objects-Clutter\AST Beds Remastered
Adding data directory B:\Games\Steam\steamapps\common\Morrowind\Mods\Objects-Clutter\Better Kegstands
Adding data directory B:\Games\Steam\steamapps\common\Morrowind\Mods\Objects-Clutter\Arukinns Better Books and Scrolls
Adding data directory B:\Games\Steam\steamapps\common\Morrowind\Mods\Objects-Clutter\Guar Skin Banners for OpenMW and Vanilla Morrowind
Adding data directory B:\Games\Steam\steamapps\common\Morrowind\Mods\Objects-Clutter\One True Faith - Saints and Frescoes Retexture
Adding data directory B:\Games\Steam\steamapps\common\Morrowind\Mods\Objects-Clutter\Dunmeri Urns - Aestetika of Vvardenfell
Adding data directory B:\Games\Steam\steamapps\common\Morrowind\Mods\Objects-Clutter\Long Live The Limeware - Retexture
Adding data directory B:\Games\Steam\steamapps\common\Morrowind\Mods\Objects-Clutter\Long Live The Glassware - Retexture
Adding data directory B:\Games\Steam\steamapps\common\Morrowind\Mods\Objects-Clutter\Long Live The Plates - Retexture
Adding data directory B:\Games\Steam\steamapps\common\Morrowind\Mods\Objects-Clutter\HD Clutter - 1K Brass Retexture
Adding data directory B:\Games\Steam\steamapps\common\Morrowind\Mods\Objects-Clutter\HD Clutter - 1K Ceramic
Adding data directory B:\Games\Steam\steamapps\common\Morrowind\Mods\Objects-Clutter\HD Clutter - 1K Decorative Retexture
Adding data directory B:\Games\Steam\steamapps\common\Morrowind\Mods\Objects-Clutter\HD Clutter - 1K Metal Retexture
Adding data directory B:\Games\Steam\steamapps\common\Morrowind\Mods\Objects-Clutter\HD Clutter - 1K Redware
Adding data directory B:\Games\Steam\steamapps\common\Morrowind\Mods\Objects-Clutter\HD Clutter - 1K Wicker
Adding data directory B:\Games\Steam\steamapps\common\Morrowind\Mods\Objects-Clutter\HD Clutter - HD Bottles and Jugs Retexture
Adding data directory B:\Games\Steam\steamapps\common\Morrowind\Mods\Objects-Clutter\Remiros' Alcohol HD
Adding data directory B:\Games\Steam\steamapps\common\Morrowind\Mods\Objects-Clutter\Better Skulls
Adding data directory B:\Games\Steam\steamapps\common\Morrowind\Mods\Objects-Clutter\EKM Vanilla-Based Paper Lanterns v1.0
Adding data directory B:\Games\Steam\steamapps\common\Morrowind\Mods\Objects-Clutter\Ket's Potions and Beverages Retexture
Adding data directory B:\Games\Steam\steamapps\common\Morrowind\Mods\Objects-Clutter\Ket's Swirlwood Furniture retexture
Adding data directory B:\Games\Steam\steamapps\common\Morrowind\Mods\Objects-Clutter\Signposts Retextured
Adding data directory B:\Games\Steam\steamapps\common\Morrowind\Mods\Objects-Clutter\Well Lit Lanterns
Adding data directory B:\Games\Steam\steamapps\common\Morrowind\Mods\Architecture\Apel's Lighthouse Retexture
Adding data directory B:\Games\Steam\steamapps\common\Morrowind\Mods\Architecture\Imperial Houses and Forts Retexture - Ordo Arkitektora
Adding data directory B:\Games\Steam\steamapps\common\Morrowind\Mods\Architecture\Vanilla-Friendly Retexture without any bump-map-42407-v1-2
Adding data directory B:\Games\Steam\steamapps\common\Morrowind\Mods\Architecture\Telvanni - Arkitektora of Vvardenfell
Adding data directory B:\Games\Steam\steamapps\common\Morrowind\Mods\Architecture\Shacks Docks and Ships - Arkitektora of Vvardenfell
Adding data directory B:\Games\Steam\steamapps\common\Morrowind\Mods\Architecture\Velothi Retexture
Adding data directory B:\Games\Steam\steamapps\common\Morrowind\Mods\Architecture\Daedric Ruins Retexture
Adding data directory B:\Games\Steam\steamapps\common\Morrowind\Mods\Architecture\Daedric Ruins - Arkitektora of Vvardenfell
Adding data directory B:\Games\Steam\steamapps\common\Morrowind\Mods\Architecture\Sewers - Arkitektora of Vvardenfell
Adding data directory B:\Games\Steam\steamapps\common\Morrowind\Mods\Architecture\Aesthesia - Hlaalu textures
Adding data directory B:\Games\Steam\steamapps\common\Morrowind\Mods\Architecture\HAM Skar Classic 4096x textures
Adding data directory B:\Games\Steam\steamapps\common\Morrowind\Mods\Architecture\Skar mega textures
Adding data directory B:\Games\Steam\steamapps\common\Morrowind\Mods\Architecture\Dwemer Mesh Improvement
Adding data directory B:\Games\Steam\steamapps\common\Morrowind\Mods\Architecture\Full Dwemer Retexture
Adding data directory B:\Games\Steam\steamapps\common\Morrowind\Mods\Architecture\R-Zero's Random Retextures - Chimney Smoke
Adding data directory B:\Games\Steam\steamapps\common\Morrowind\Mods\Architecture\R-Zero's Random Retextures - Dwemer Coin
Adding data directory B:\Games\Steam\steamapps\common\Morrowind\Mods\Architecture\R-Zero's Random Retextures - Iron Towershield
Adding data directory B:\Games\Steam\steamapps\common\Morrowind\Mods\Architecture\R-Zero's Random Retextures - Quill
Adding data directory B:\Games\Steam\steamapps\common\Morrowind\Mods\Architecture\R-Zero's Random Retextures - Servant's Skull
Adding data directory B:\Games\Steam\steamapps\common\Morrowind\Mods\Architecture\Beyonder's 40K Texture Pack - Ultimate Dunmer Strongholds v1.0-45830-v1-0
Adding data directory B:\Games\Steam\steamapps\common\Morrowind\Mods\Architecture\Mournhold Overhaul v21
Adding data directory B:\Games\Steam\steamapps\common\Morrowind\Mods\Architecture\High-res Skaal Retex
Adding data directory B:\Games\Steam\steamapps\common\Morrowind\Mods\Architecture\Articus Old Mournhold and Sewers Retexture 2K
Adding data directory B:\Games\Steam\steamapps\common\Morrowind\Mods\Architecture\Articus Old Stucco 2K Retexture
Adding data directory B:\Games\Steam\steamapps\common\Morrowind\Mods\Architecture\Ashlanders textures
Adding data directory B:\Games\Steam\steamapps\common\Morrowind\Mods\Architecture\Dragon Statue Replacer
Adding data directory B:\Games\Steam\steamapps\common\Morrowind\Mods\NPCs\Curvybody meshes and textures (Roberts Converted)
Adding data directory B:\Games\Steam\steamapps\common\Morrowind\Mods\NPCs\Westly
Adding data directory B:\Games\Steam\steamapps\common\Morrowind\Mods\NPCs\Westlys Pluginless Head Replacer OpenMW fix-43795-1
Adding data directory B:\Games\Steam\steamapps\common\Morrowind\Mods\NPCs\Dark Elf Head Replacer
Adding data directory B:\Games\Steam\steamapps\common\Morrowind\Mods\NPCs\Pluginless Khajiit Head Pack
Adding data directory B:\Games\Steam\steamapps\common\Morrowind\Mods\NPCs\Animation Compilation
Adding data directory B:\Games\Steam\steamapps\common\Morrowind\Mods\NPCs\newbeastbodies33mature
Adding data directory B:\Games\Steam\steamapps\common\Morrowind\Mods\NPCs\Divine Dagoths
Adding data directory B:\Games\Steam\steamapps\common\Morrowind\Mods\Clothing\Robe Overhaul - Basic Version
Adding data directory B:\Games\Steam\steamapps\common\Morrowind\Mods\Clothing\Mage Robes
Adding data directory B:\Games\Steam\steamapps\common\Morrowind\Mods\Clothing\New Gondolier Helm
Adding data directory B:\Games\Steam\steamapps\common\Morrowind\Mods\Clothing\Unique Finery Replacer UFR
Adding data directory B:\Games\Steam\steamapps\common\Morrowind\Mods\Weapons\Ice Blade of the Monarch Replacer
Adding data directory B:\Games\Steam\steamapps\common\Morrowind\Mods\Weapons\Mehrunes' Razor - Vanilla Plus
Adding data directory B:\Games\Steam\steamapps\common\Morrowind\Mods\Weapons\Correct Iron Warhammer
Adding data directory B:\Games\Steam\steamapps\common\Morrowind\Mods\Weapons\Volendrung
Adding data directory B:\Games\Steam\steamapps\common\Morrowind\Mods\Weapons\Fang of Haynekhtnamet Replacer
Adding data directory B:\Games\Steam\steamapps\common\Morrowind\Mods\Weapons\Bonemold Bow Replacer
Adding data directory B:\Games\Steam\steamapps\common\Morrowind\Mods\Armor\HiRez Armors- Native Styles
Adding data directory B:\Games\Steam\steamapps\common\Morrowind\Mods\Armor\HiRez Armors- Native Styles V2
Adding data directory B:\Games\Steam\steamapps\common\Morrowind\Mods\Armor\HiRez Native Armor Styles V2 Fixes
Adding data directory B:\Games\Steam\steamapps\common\Morrowind\Mods\Armor\HiRez Armors - textures fixess
Adding data directory B:\Games\Steam\steamapps\common\Morrowind\Mods\Armor\Armors Retexture - Outlander Styles
Adding data directory B:\Games\Steam\steamapps\common\Morrowind\Mods\Armor\Less Bulky Pauldrons
Adding data directory B:\Games\Steam\steamapps\common\Morrowind\Mods\Armor\Colovian helm and heavy leather boots retexture
Adding data directory B:\Games\Steam\steamapps\common\Morrowind\Mods\Armor\Royalguard better armor
Adding data directory B:\Games\Steam\steamapps\common\Morrowind\Mods\Armor\Daedric Lord Armor Morrowind Edition
Adding data directory B:\Games\Steam\steamapps\common\Morrowind\Mods\Armor\Orcish retexture v1.2
Adding data directory B:\Games\Steam\steamapps\common\Morrowind\Mods\Armor\More Realisitc Dwemer Armor
Adding data directory B:\Games\Steam\steamapps\common\Morrowind\Mods\Armor\Bear Armor Replacer
Adding data directory B:\Games\Steam\steamapps\common\Morrowind\Mods\Creatures\Darknut's Creature Textures
Adding data directory B:\Games\Steam\steamapps\common\Morrowind\Mods\Creatures\Darknut's Creature Textures addendum
Adding data directory B:\Games\Steam\steamapps\common\Morrowind\Mods\Creatures\Cliffracer Replacer
Adding data directory B:\Games\Steam\steamapps\common\Morrowind\Mods\Creatures\Nix-Hound Replacer 1.0
Adding data directory B:\Games\Steam\steamapps\common\Morrowind\Mods\Creatures\Guars replacer - Aendemika of Vvardenfell
Adding data directory B:\Games\Steam\steamapps\common\Morrowind\Mods\Creatures\Kagouti replacer - Aendemika of Vvardenfell
Adding data directory B:\Games\Steam\steamapps\common\Morrowind\Mods\Creatures\Alit replacer - Aendemika of Vvardenfell
Adding data directory B:\Games\Steam\steamapps\common\Morrowind\Mods\Creatures\Better Spriggans
Adding data directory B:\Games\Steam\steamapps\common\Morrowind\Mods\Creatures\Better Scamps
Adding data directory B:\Games\Steam\steamapps\common\Morrowind\Mods\Flora-Landscape\!Tyddy's Landscape Retexture
Adding data directory B:\Games\Steam\steamapps\common\Morrowind\Mods\Flora-Landscape\Tyddy's landscape fix
Adding data directory B:\Games\Steam\steamapps\common\Morrowind\Mods\Flora-Landscape\Apel's Asura Coast and Sheogorath Region Retexture
Adding data directory B:\Games\Steam\steamapps\common\Morrowind\Mods\Flora-Landscape\Hackle-lo Fixed
Adding data directory B:\Games\Steam\steamapps\common\Morrowind\Mods\Flora-Landscape\Apels Ascadian Isles Retex
Adding data directory B:\Games\Steam\steamapps\common\Morrowind\Mods\Flora-Landscape\! Remiros' Ascadian Isles Trees 2
Adding data directory B:\Games\Steam\steamapps\common\Morrowind\Mods\Flora-Landscape\MFR - Grass
Adding data directory B:\Games\Steam\steamapps\common\Morrowind\Mods\Flora-Landscape\MFR - Trees
Adding data directory B:\Games\Steam\steamapps\common\Morrowind\Mods\Flora-Landscape\MFR - Alternative
Adding data directory B:\Games\Steam\steamapps\common\Morrowind\Mods\Flora-Landscape\MFR - HD Grass
Adding data directory B:\Games\Steam\steamapps\common\Morrowind\Mods\Flora-Landscape\Vanilla-friendly West Gash Tree Replacer
Adding data directory B:\Games\Steam\steamapps\common\Morrowind\Mods\Flora-Landscape\Vurts Bitter Coast Trees II
Adding data directory B:\Games\Steam\steamapps\common\Morrowind\Mods\Flora-Landscape\Bitter Coast Redux I - Landscape Textures
Adding data directory B:\Games\Steam\steamapps\common\Morrowind\Mods\Flora-Landscape\BCR II - Flora HD
Adding data directory B:\Games\Steam\steamapps\common\Morrowind\Mods\Flora-Landscape\BCR II - Vanilla Trees HD
Adding data directory B:\Games\Steam\steamapps\common\Morrowind\Mods\Flora-Landscape\Vurt's Grazelands Trees v1.31
Adding data directory B:\Games\Steam\steamapps\common\Morrowind\Mods\Flora-Landscape\Vurts Ashlands Overhaul
Adding data directory B:\Games\Steam\steamapps\common\Morrowind\Mods\Flora-Landscape\Vurts Solstheim Tree Replacer II
Adding data directory B:\Games\Steam\steamapps\common\Morrowind\Mods\Flora-Landscape\Comberry Bush and Ingredient Replacer
Adding data directory B:\Games\Steam\steamapps\common\Morrowind\Mods\Flora-Landscape\Hanging Vines Replacer
Adding data directory B:\Games\Steam\steamapps\common\Morrowind\Mods\Flora-Landscape\Articus Bush
Adding data directory B:\Games\Steam\steamapps\common\Morrowind\Mods\Flora-Landscape\Articus Ivy
Adding data directory B:\Games\Steam\steamapps\common\Morrowind\Mods\Flora-Landscape\Better Waterfalls
Adding data directory B:\Games\Steam\steamapps\common\Morrowind\Mods\Flora-Landscape\Bungler's Bane and Hypha Facia HD
Adding data directory B:\Games\Steam\steamapps\common\Morrowind\Mods\Flora-Landscape\Minor S.T.E.P. Fixes
Adding data directory B:\Games\Steam\steamapps\common\Morrowind\Mods\Flora-Landscape\Ozzys Merged 1
Adding data directory B:\Games\Steam\steamapps\common\Morrowind\Mods\User Interface\Better Dialogue Font
Adding data directory B:\Games\Steam\steamapps\common\Morrowind\Mods\User Interface\Chocolate UI
Adding data directory B:\Games\Steam\steamapps\common\Morrowind\Mods\User Interface\Journal and scroll BG replacement
Adding data directory B:\Games\Steam\steamapps\common\Morrowind\Mods\Optional Gameplay Changes\Movement Fatigue Halved
Adding data directory B:\Games\Steam\steamapps\common\Morrowind\Mods\Optional Gameplay Changes\Holidays Across Tamriel - Vvardenfell
Adding data directory B:\Games\Steam\steamapps\common\Morrowind\Mods\Optional Gameplay Changes\Purist Friendly Magicka Regen
Adding data directory B:\Games\Steam\steamapps\common\Morrowind\Mods\Optional Gameplay Changes\Official Plugins Fixes 11
Adding data directory B:\Games\Steam\steamapps\common\Morrowind\Mods\Optional Gameplay Changes\Bloodmoon Rebalance
Adding data directory B:\Games\Steam\steamapps\common\Morrowind\Mods\Optional Gameplay Changes\Tribunal Rebalance
Adding data directory B:\Games\Steam\steamapps\common\Morrowind\Mods\Optional Immersion\Distant Mournhold
Adding data directory B:\Games\Steam\steamapps\common\Morrowind\Mods\Optional Immersion\Yet Another Guard Diversity
Adding data directory B:\Games\Steam\steamapps\common\Morrowind\Mods\Other Installed\Balmora Stronghold Open Morrowind compatible-43069-1-1
Adding data directory B:\Games\Steam\steamapps\common\Morrowind\Mods\Other Installed\magecompaniongabrial_v1_2
Initializing OpenAL...
Opened "OpenAL Soft on Speakers (3- RIG 800HX)"
  ALC Version: 1.1
  ALC Extensions: ALC_ENUMERATE_ALL_EXT ALC_ENUMERATION_EXT ALC_EXT_CAPTURE ALC_EXT_DEDICATED ALC_EXT_disconnect ALC_EXT_EFX ALC_EXT_thread_local_context ALC_SOFTX_device_clock ALC_SOFT_HRTF ALC_SOFT_loopback ALC_SOFT_pause_device
  Vendor: OpenAL Community
  Renderer: OpenAL Soft
  Version: 1.1 ALSOFT 1.17.2
  Extensions: AL_EXT_ALAW AL_EXT_BFORMAT AL_EXT_DOUBLE AL_EXT_EXPONENT_DISTANCE AL_EXT_FLOAT32 AL_EXT_IMA4 AL_EXT_LINEAR_DISTANCE AL_EXT_MCFORMATS AL_EXT_MULAW AL_EXT_MULAW_BFORMAT AL_EXT_MULAW_MCFORMATS AL_EXT_OFFSET AL_EXT_source_distance_model AL_LOKI_quadriphonic AL_SOFT_block_alignment AL_SOFT_buffer_samples AL_SOFT_buffer_sub_data AL_SOFT_deferred_updates AL_SOFT_direct_channels AL_SOFT_loop_points AL_SOFT_MSADPCM AL_SOFT_source_latency AL_SOFT_source_length
HRTF disabled
Allocated 256 sound sources
Low-pass filter supported
EAX Reverb supported
Enumerated output devices:
  OpenAL Soft on Speakers (3- RIG 800HX)
  OpenAL Soft on Digital Audio (S/PDIF) (High Definition Audio Device)
  OpenAL Soft on Speakers (High Definition Audio Device)
  OpenAL Soft on DELL P2715Q (NVIDIA High Definition Audio)
Loading content file Morrowind.esm
Loading content file Tribunal.esm
Loading content file Bloodmoon.esm
Loading content file Patch for Purists.esm
Loading content file ATL-Bloodskal Blade No Extra Changes.esp
Loading content file Better Skulls.ESP
Loading content file PB_SignpostsRetextured.esp
Loading content file BalmoraStrongholdOM.esp
Loading content file Robert's Bodies.ESP
Loading content file New Argonian Bodies - Mature.esp
Loading content file New Khajiit Bodies - Mature.esp
Loading content file Mage Robes.ESP
Loading content file UFR_v3dot2_noRobe.esp
Loading content file DaedricArmor.esp
Loading content file BearArmorReplacer.ESP
Loading content file Remiros' Ascadian Isles Trees 2 - Unique Trees.ESP
Loading content file Vurt's BC Tree Replacer II.ESP
Loading content file Vurt's Grazelands Trees.ESP
Loading content file Vurt's Ashlands Overhaul.esp
Loading content file Ozzy's Grass - Merged.esp
Loading content file Holidays Across Tamriel - Vvardenfell.esp
Loading content file MovementFatigueHalved.esp
Loading content file Purist-friendly magicka regen.ESP
Loading content file EBQ_Artifact.esp
Loading content file LeFemmArmor.esp
Loading content file Siege at Firemoth.esp
Loading content file Bloodmoon Rebalance.ESP
Loading content file tribunal rebalance.ESP
Loading content file Mournhold LOD.ESP
Loading content file Yet Another Guard Diversity.ESP
Loading content file Mage Companion Gabrial v1_2.esp
Playing Music/Special/morrowind title.mp3
Loading cell -4, -4
Loading cell -4, -3
Loading cell -4, -2
Loading cell -3, -4
Loading cell -3, -3
Loading cell -3, -2
Loading cell -2, -4
Loading cell -2, -3
Loading cell -2, -2
Playing music/explore/mx_explore_1.mp3
Unloading cell
Unloading cell
Unloading cell
Unloading cell
Unloading cell
Unloading cell
Unloading cell
Unloading cell
Unloading cell
Loading cell -4, 5
Loading cell -4, 6
Loading cell -4, 7
Loading cell -3, 5
Loading cell -3, 6
Loading cell -3, 7
Loading cell -2, 5
Loading cell -2, 6
Loading cell -2, 7
AiFollow: player, 0, 0, 0, 0
Unloading cell
Unloading cell
Unloading cell
Loading cell -1, 5
Loading cell -1, 6
Loading cell -1, 7
Playing music/explore/mx_explore_3.mp3
Unloading cell
Unloading cell
Unloading cell
Unloading cell
Unloading cell
Unloading cell
Unloading cell
Unloading cell
Unloading cell
Loading cell -4, -2
Loading cell -4, -1
Loading cell -4, 0
Loading cell -3, -2
Loading cell -3, -1
Loading cell -3, 0
Loading cell -2, -2
Loading cell -2, -1
Loading cell -2, 0
can't find emitter node, wrong node order? in meshes/x/ex_waterfall_mist_s_01.nif
Changing to interior
Unloading cell
Unloading cell
Unloading cell
Unloading cell
Unloading cell
Unloading cell
Unloading cell
Unloading cell
Unloading cell
Loading cell Balmora Stronghold
Playing music/explore/mx_explore_4.mp3
Failed to open image: Resource 'icons/alais/c/c_glove_extrav_s_l.dds' not found
Playing music/explore/mx_explore_2.mp3
Playing music/explore/morrowind title.mp3
Unloading cell
Loading cell -3, 5
Loading cell -3, 6
Loading cell -3, 7
Loading cell -2, 5
Loading cell -2, 6
Loading cell -2, 7
Loading cell -1, 5
Loading cell -1, 6
Loading cell -1, 7
Playing music/explore/mx_explore_5.mp3
Unloading cell
Unloading cell
Unloading cell
Loading cell -4, 5
Loading cell -4, 6
Loading cell -4, 7
Unloading cell
Unloading cell
Unloading cell
Unloading cell
Unloading cell
Unloading cell
Unloading cell
Unloading cell
Unloading cell
Loading cell -4, -4
Loading cell -4, -3
Loading cell -4, -2
Loading cell -3, -4
Loading cell -3, -3
Loading cell -3, -2
Loading cell -2, -4
Loading cell -2, -3
Loading cell -2, -2
Error: part has no parents 
Unloading cell
Unloading cell
Unloading cell
Unloading cell
Unloading cell
Unloading cell
Unloading cell
Unloading cell
Unloading cell
Loading cell 2, -10
Loading cell 2, -9
Loading cell 2, -8
Loading cell 3, -10
Warning: texture layer 5 is in use but empty in meshes/a/a_indoril_m_cl_pauldron.nif
Loading cell 3, -9
Loading cell 3, -8
Loading cell 4, -10
Loading cell 4, -9
Loading cell 4, -8
Unloading cell
Unloading cell
Unloading cell
Loading cell 2, -11
Loading cell 3, -11
Loading cell 4, -11
Unloading cell
Unloading cell
Unloading cell
Loading cell 2, -12
Loading cell 3, -12
Loading cell 4, -12
Unloading cell
Unloading cell
Unloading cell
Loading cell 5, -12
Loading cell 5, -11
Loading cell 5, -10
Warning: out of bounds UV set 2 on TriShape "Tri kaguti 0:1" in meshes/r/xleastkagouti.nif
Changing to interior
Unloading cell
Unloading cell
Unloading cell
Unloading cell
Unloading cell
Unloading cell
Unloading cell
Unloading cell
Unloading cell
Loading cell Vivec, Arena Waistworks
Warning: texture layer 5 is in use but empty in meshes/a/a_ebony_g_greaves.nif
Changing to interior
Unloading cell
Loading cell Vivec, Arena Canalworks
Changing to interior
Unloading cell
Loading cell Vivec, Arena Underworks
Playing music/explore/mx_explore_6.mp3
Changing to interior
Unloading cell
Loading cell Vivec, Arena Canalworks
Changing to interior
Unloading cell
Loading cell Vivec, Arena Waistworks
Playing music/explore/morrowind title.mp3
Playing music/explore/mx_explore_1.mp3
Changed setting: [Video] resolution x = 1707
Changed setting: [Video] resolution y = 906
Changed setting: [Video] fullscreen = false
Updating settings file: "C:\Users\Owner\Documents\My Games\OpenMW/settings.cfg"
Quitting peacefully.
TheWickedGamer

Post by TheWickedGamer »

I picked the Gabrial companion because she is a mage, and she showed as compatible with OpenMW from this site (https://wiki.openmw.org/index.php?title=Companion_Mods). She has worked good, but I have to pay attention to make sure she follows me out of any building I enter. I chose her specifically because she has a ring that summons her if she gets lost - I had a companion before her that I lost and could never find again. I have now lost Gabrial.

I have leveled her up with me for about 15 levels, but she won't follow me to Mournhold or to Tamriel Rebuilt (which is an awesome project). Someone on the S.T.E.P. discord suggested it is because OpenMW doesn't have a compatible script extender - which I am fine with, I just want to be able to find her. Any suggestions or recommendations would be appreciated.
TheGrimblade

Post by TheGrimblade »

Missing textures on rings is likely due to a bad installation of Unique Finery Replacers https://www.nexusmods.com/morrowind/mod ... tab=images

As far as the domina/golden armor is concerned, I personally prefer to use the Official Mods compendium which combines the LeFemme mod and a couple other mods. You'll most certainly want the master propylon index and Fort Firemoth:
https://www.nexusmods.com/morrowind/mods/3882