Trying to stop combat music playing despite there being no enemies around - reset spawns?

Support for running, installing or compiling OpenMW

Before you submit a bug report for the first time, please read: Bug reporting guidelines
Falc

Trying to stop combat music playing despite there being no enemies around - reset spawns?

Post by Falc »

Whenever I'm in Balmora the combat music plays, despite there being no enemies around. Is there anyway to stop/reset this via console? Perhaps by resetting spawns, does anyone know how to do this?
Chris

Re: Trying to stop combat music playing despite there being no enemies around - reset spawns?

Post by Chris »

Combat music will only play if something in combat with you. Are you using any mods? Some smaller creatures can easily get stuck on geometry so it's trying to chase you but can't get around something to get to you. In some cases, they may even get stuck in geometry (rocks, buildings, etc) so you can't easily see them.
Falc

Re: Trying to stop combat music playing despite there being no enemies around - reset spawns?

Post by Falc »

Yeah thats definitely a possibility, is there any good way to test that short of disabling all my mods? If its possible to reset spawns then that would solve that issue.

I've done a test by enabling followers-attack-on-sight thinking if there was something trying to attack me that would cause my followers to hunt it down. The followers didn't act like there was anything to attack however.

I've noticed that the combat music starts at a certain threshold around Balmora, one step forward it starts, one step back it goes back to the passive music.
AnyOldName3

Post by AnyOldName3 »

TWF might help as it lets you see through things.
jmelesky

Post by jmelesky »

Falc wrote: 13 Sep 2018, 23:28 I've noticed that the combat music starts at a certain threshold around Balmora, one step forward it starts, one step back it goes back to the passive music.
That's probably the boundary between two outdoor cells. In one, somewhere, something's trying to attack you. In the other, no problem.

FWIW, I've had this problem, too, though it turned out to be a very tiny rat (from some mod or another) swimming in the river, unable to get to me.
Falc

Post by Falc »

The mod 'Creatures' by Piratelord was causing this problem, I assume I also had a small rat trying to get at me from somewhere. Removing it and then re-adding the mod fixed the problem. Thanks all