Can't install on macOS

Support for running, installing or compiling OpenMW

Before you submit a bug report for the first time, please read: Bug reporting guidelines
TrigFunction

Can't install on macOS

Post by TrigFunction »

I can't get the installer to work properly on macOS 10.14 but I don't know, I might be doing something wrong. I run through and select everything to install but the installation screen pops up with a Finder window showing the contents of / and no other instructions but every time I click open at the bottom it pops up immediately again. I've attached a screenshot if it helps 🤷‍♀️
Attachments
Screenshot 2018-09-11 at 21.39.24.png
Thunderforge

Re: Can't install on macOS

Post by Thunderforge »

What is the screen you see right before this? This might be trying to get the installation of Morrowind, but I'm not sure.
pvdk

Post by pvdk »

I believe that dialog asks you to select the location of the Morrowind installation media, but since OS X doesn't do dialog titles it isn't all that clear what you're supposed to do. Normal operating systems would have "Select Morrowind installation media" in the title.

It's on my list of things to change for the wizard.
Thunderforge

Post by Thunderforge »

pvdk wrote: 17 Sep 2018, 23:19 I believe that dialog asks you to select the location of the Morrowind installation media, but since OS X doesn't do dialog titles it isn't all that clear what you're supposed to do. Normal operating systems would have "Select Morrowind installation media" in the title.

It's on my list of things to change for the wizard.
There was an issue for macOS not having dialog titles, but it was closed because it was ultimately a Qt issue that we can't do anything about. Rearranging the Wizard workflow to make it clearer would still be helpful.