Windows 10 Sound Issue

Support for running, installing or compiling OpenMW

Before you submit a bug report for the first time, please read: Bug reporting guidelines
eternalsage

Windows 10 Sound Issue

Post by eternalsage »

So I had OpenMW working on my laptop (technically its my wife's laptop, hence the Windows 10, but whatever). I definitely had sound before. Then I accidentally goofed up my install while trying to get the hang of the way you install mods (the right way through .cfg). I lost sound and it goofed up my video. I could not get it figured out so I did a clean install of EVERYTHING. Fixed my video but still no sound. Looking at my log I can't see anything weird. I did manually set the sound device in the setting.cfg, but that didn't help. There are no errors that I can see. Anyone have any ideas? Log output in the spoiler.
Spoiler: Show
Chris

Re: Windows 10 Sound Issue

Post by Chris »

I presume other Windows apps have sound? The first thing to ask is if "LE40S508 (Intel(R) Display Audio)" is the correct audio device you're expecting output on, rather than "Speakers / Headphones (Realtek Audio)". Double-check the volume levels in OpenMW's options screen. You can also check the volume levels in the Windows mixer, and make sure the game's volume wasn't turned down or muted (Windows can have separate volume controls for each application, I believe, so look at more than the main output volume).
eternalsage

Re: Windows 10 Sound Issue

Post by eternalsage »

Yes, all other programs have sound as expected. That is the correct audio device, the laptop is plugged in to a TV right now. Volumes are all set appropriately. One last piece to the puzzle I found literally right after I posted this, if I launch from the launcher, it works just fine. It only seems to not work when I launch OpenMW directly. No difference in log files, though.