Page 1 of 2

Framerates haven't changed since installing better gpu (ubuntu 14.04)

Posted: 18 Aug 2018, 05:37
by rileyball2
So I just put in a GPU (was using intel integrated graphics before) and now that it's plugging in I was expecting better framerates. I got a gtx 1060 3GB which is almost certainty better than the integrated graphics on my CPU. But the framerates are about the same. My current theory is that it's still using the old GPU but I may be wrong. Why has my framerate not improved?

Re: Framerates haven't changed since installing better gpu (ubuntu 14.04)

Posted: 18 Aug 2018, 08:02
by akortunov
rileyball2 wrote:
18 Aug 2018, 05:37
Why has my framerate not improved?
Probably because your bottleneck is CPU.

Re: Framerates haven't changed since installing better gpu (ubuntu 14.04)

Posted: 18 Aug 2018, 10:31
by Capostrophic
What framerates are you getting?

Re: Framerates haven't changed since installing better gpu (ubuntu 14.04)

Posted: 18 Aug 2018, 15:22
by rileyball2
20-24 fps in Balmora and in Vivec. 60 fps in the wild.

Re: Framerates haven't changed since installing better gpu (ubuntu 14.04)

Posted: 18 Aug 2018, 16:16
by rileyball2
akortunov wrote:
18 Aug 2018, 08:02
rileyball2 wrote:
18 Aug 2018, 05:37
Why has my framerate not improved?
Probably because your bottleneck is CPU.
Is there a way to fix that? Or check that that's what my problem is?

Re: Framerates haven't changed since installing better gpu (ubuntu 14.04)

Posted: 18 Aug 2018, 16:54
by akortunov
rileyball2 wrote:
18 Aug 2018, 16:16
Is there a way to fix that? Or check that that's what my problem is?
Press F3 twice. There will be a profilier. If you have a CPU-limited setup, there will be high numbers under Physics or Cull sections.
Or you can just put screenshot with opened profilier here.

Re: Framerates haven't changed since installing better gpu (ubuntu 14.04)

Posted: 18 Aug 2018, 17:27
by rileyball2
akortunov wrote:
18 Aug 2018, 16:54
rileyball2 wrote:
18 Aug 2018, 16:16
Is there a way to fix that? Or check that that's what my problem is?
Press F3 twice. There will be a profilier. If you have a CPU-limited setup, there will be high numbers under Physics or Cull sections.
Or you can just put screenshot with opened profilier here.
https://imgur.com/gallery/X2mZVza
This is what shows up when I open up the profiler (pressed F3 four times instead of just twice in case anything else helped)

Re: Framerates haven't changed since installing better gpu (ubuntu 14.04)

Posted: 18 Aug 2018, 17:31
by akortunov
rileyball2 wrote:
18 Aug 2018, 17:27
This is what shows up when I open up the profiler (pressed F3 four times instead of just twice in case anything else helped)
This screenshot says you have 58 FPS, which is a quite good.
Post screenshot from Balmora.

Re: Framerates haven't changed since installing better gpu (ubuntu 14.04)

Posted: 18 Aug 2018, 22:31
by rileyball2
akortunov wrote:
18 Aug 2018, 17:31
rileyball2 wrote:
18 Aug 2018, 17:27
This is what shows up when I open up the profiler (pressed F3 four times instead of just twice in case anything else helped)
This screenshot says you have 58 FPS, which is a quite good.
Post screenshot from Balmora.
https://imgur.com/gallery/eMZODMu
Yeah sorry just took the picture wherever I was in the game at the time. This one is in balmora near Caius Cosade's house

Re: Framerates haven't changed since installing better gpu (ubuntu 14.04)

Posted: 19 Aug 2018, 00:32
by Equinox
Run the game using your dedicated GPU. Rightclick->Run with graphics processor->YOur GPU

Edit: sorry, thought youre on windows. but you get the idea.