Console opens, but can't input commands

Support for running, installing or compiling OpenMW

Before you submit a bug report for the first time, please read: Bug reporting guidelines
Yora

Console opens, but can't input commands

Post by Yora »

I need to reset actors and when I open the console it does not register any key inputs I make. I don't see a blinking cursor in the input line and I don't get any responses when I try to enter the command blind. The console window remains completely blank.

Is there anything I need to press to enter input mode, or edit a file to unlock the console?
kuyondo

Re: Console opens, but can't input commands

Post by kuyondo »

Have you tried restarting the game?
Yora

Post by Yora »

Yes.
kuyondo

Post by kuyondo »

Strange occurence.. Sounds like a bug. Should report it in the bugtracker. The devs can help you
Yora

Post by Yora »

Turns out console is working, it's just not showing any text. Starting the game, opening console and typing "resetactors" blindly did reset the NPCs.
Seems like the error lies with font rendering in the console window, or something like that.
Capostrophic

Post by Capostrophic »

Does a file named DejaVuLGCSansMono.ttf exist in your resources/mygui directory?
Jwcolby54

Post by Jwcolby54 »

When the console opens, the cursor is placed in the upper (large) box, You cannot type into that box. At the bottom of the console is a single line box. Click in that, then type your commands.

Not an obvious thing!