Openmw segfaults on tinkerboard

Support for running, installing or compiling OpenMW

Before you submit a bug report for the first time, please read: Bug reporting guidelines
tinkerthinker

Openmw segfaults on tinkerboard

Post by tinkerthinker »

Hi everyone. I've spent the last few days compiling openmw for the Asus tinkerboard, running stretch. Openmw runs slowly in software emulation, but it works. Then I tried to use gl4es to speed things up. The android port uses
Gl4es to hardware emulate OpenGL. I've tested gl4es on the tinkerboard with sauerbraten, and it works great (compiled for odroid, similar hardware, Mali gpu)

So, when I started openmw, the loading screen appeared for a few seconds, then openmw segfaulted with the start of the engine.
crash.log
Here is my crash.log
(40.42 KiB) Downloaded 125 times
Notes:
The tinkerboard doesn't support gles 1, but it supports 2 and 3. No support for OpenGL except with gl4es.

I compiled osg 3.6 (.2?) And the latest version of openmw from source

When I ran openmw with software emulation, there was no text, just a very small empty floating box ( in the game)

Thanks, tinkerthinker
psi29a
Gitlab profile: https://gitlab.com/psi29a/

Re: Openmw segfaults on tinkerboard

Post by psi29a »

OpenMW still has issues with OSG 3.6, but this I believe is a regression in 3.6 that is fixed in (soon?) 3.6.1, other devs, correct me if I'm wrong.

OpenMW works with OSG 3.4, when we make releases.. it's with that version.

If you would like to help improve support for gl4es, please do.

However there are no plans to have OpenMW support GLESv2/3 natively.
tinkerthinker

Post by tinkerthinker »

Currently I'm using (verified) OSG 3.6.2 stable. Maybe I should try running OpenMW with OSG 3.4 and see if that works.

However, the crash.log didn't mention problems with OSG.

Thanks, tinkerthinker
akortunov

Post by akortunov »

tinkerthinker wrote: 17 Jul 2018, 13:08 OSG 3.6.2 stable.
Then I'd suggest to rebase the 3.6 branch of the OSG-on-steroids fork over 3.6.2 and check if there are any improvements.
Also it would be nice to test recent 3.4.x releases (IIRC, more recent version for now is 3.4.15).