Noob trying to merge mods in openmw

Support for running, installing or compiling OpenMW

Before you submit a bug report for the first time, please read: Bug reporting guidelines
Jarad

Noob trying to merge mods in openmw

Post by Jarad »

So I have been using mods for years and openmw since version .40 and have quite a collection going. I recently started playing around in the construction set and thought I would go ahead and merge some of my standard mods to remove clutter from the launcher. I was quickly confused.
Perhaps I am going about it wrong but it has me create your version of an esm with all three original esm's included. Is this normal or am I just totally off in the wrong direction?
Capostrophic

Re: Noob trying to merge mods in openmw

Post by Capostrophic »

Yep, this is normal, merge function is supposed to be used for merging development files with a game file (not specifically Morrowind, and don't actually merge anything with Morrowind.esm). Currently it can't be used for merging content files independently.
Jarad

Post by Jarad »

One more thing. The merged mod seems to work fine but the world map and overlay seem a little hinky.
Screenshot of world map
Screenshot of world map
The merged files are only the 3 game esms and a companion mod as a test. Is this something I can fix?
Capostrophic

Post by Capostrophic »

This looks very wrong and I have no idea what caused it. As I said, don't merge Bethesda ESMs.
Jarad

Post by Jarad »

I think I've narrowed down the world map weirdness. I think it has something to do with the cs. I tried removing all mods and just using one companion mod. The jasmine companion and with the unmerged esms everything was good. Then I opened the jasmine mod in openmw cs and saved as an addon and boom. Every cell that mod alters came up weird again.