Xbox 360 Controller Problems

Support for running, installing or compiling OpenMW

Before you submit a bug report for the first time, please read: Bug reporting guidelines
Anvindel

Xbox 360 Controller Problems

Post by Anvindel »

Hello, this may be stupid question with an easy fix but I could really use some help. I play Morrowind using an Xbox 360 controller, I used to play it on Xbox so the controller works better for me than mouse and keyboard. There are two major issues that I'm having while I am playing tes3mp with my brother. The first being that the activate button and attack button are linked to the same. This means that when I am in combat with more than one opponent, I will search the opponents inventory as its corpse is falling to the ground while I am still in combat (this has gotten me killed a couple times). The second one is that I can't seem to toggle between walking and running. I can get it to work where I can walk if I push slightly forward on the analog stick but I run if I push forward on it I run. My brother got it to work for a little bit but we're not sure how. I use JoytoKey in the regular Morrowind and have it running as I play tes3mp with my brother. I don't have these problems in regular Morrowind so I am pretty sure it has something to do with openmw. I don't know if there is some way to disable the openmw controller configuration settings or something because I only have it when playing tes3mp.
Anvindel

Re: Xbox 360 Controller Problems

Post by Anvindel »

I've figured out that if I don't run JoytoKey in the background I don't have the issue of searching bodies in the middle of combat but I still can't toggle walking/running. Does anybody know how to possibly disable the openmw controller configuration or something because when I play regular Morrowind using JoytoKey everything works great.
Thunderforge

Post by Thunderforge »

So your problem is that OpenMW is detecting your controller, but you'd like for it to pretend like it's not there and only use the keyboard? I'm not sure that functionality exists (but I could be wrong).
Anvindel

Post by Anvindel »

My controller works perfectly when I use JoytoKey when playing Morrowind singleplayer but when I do multiplayer it is different. I'm thinking that I just need it to read JoytoKey instead of the controls from controller support but I'm not entirely sure. Has anybody gotten the toggle walk to work with a controller in OpenMW.