Rock textures all white? Like snow?

Support for running, installing or compiling OpenMW

Before you submit a bug report for the first time, please read: Bug reporting guidelines
mzry

Rock textures all white? Like snow?

Post by mzry »

I don't think rocks are meant to look like this:
screenshot000.jpg
Any ideas on how to fix this? I've tested with only Morrowind/Tribunal/Bloodmoon data files without mods. Maybe it is a setting imported from my morrowind ini. I have a GTX 1070.

Thx for any help,
Capostrophic

Re: Rock textures all white? Like snow?

Post by Capostrophic »

without mods
Yeah, right. :|

Read this and this.
lysol

Post by lysol »

Capostrophic wrote: 06 Nov 2017, 12:26
without mods
Yeah, right. :|
Haha +1.

Anyway, you might also like to have a look at this as well. It fixes the On the Rocks mod (which is the cause in this case) without sacrificing the normal maps.
mzry

Post by mzry »

Thanks guys. I thought that I had tried without mods honestly, I only selected the main large data files in the launcher and unticked the rest. Maybe the rock mod wasn't in an ESP or something then I dunno. Thx for the help.
lysol

Post by lysol »

mzry wrote: 07 Nov 2017, 06:07 Thanks guys. I thought that I had tried without mods honestly, I only selected the main large data files in the launcher and unticked the rest. Maybe the rock mod wasn't in an ESP or something then I dunno. Thx for the help.
Correct, it is without an esp file.
mzry

Post by mzry »

Okay, now one more little question... :) Could you point me in the direction of how to fix the white trees around coastal areas? Must be another MGO mod I have.
lysol

Post by lysol »

Again, read this
mzry

Post by mzry »

I'm so sorry I still need some help, I tried to follow the guide and made sure I renamed all the _nm.dds files to _n.dds by using the dos command: ren *_nm.dds *_n.dds inside each specific texture folder. But without knowing the root cause mod, it is very hard for me to find a definitive fix. I have posted a screenshot, I am hoping you might help me narrow it down.
screenshot000.jpg
Amenophis

Post by Amenophis »

I think you have to find that trees and edit the respective nif files to erase any reference to the old Morrowind method. Look the tutorials.
lysol

Post by lysol »

Ok, so we need to know what mods you have installed to know where these trees come from. I have never seen these tree models before, so I can't help you unless I get a list of your installed mods. Sorry.

Clever to bulk-remame with a command by the way.