(SOLVED) How to reimport Morrowind.ini. ?

Support for running, installing or compiling OpenMW

Before you submit a bug report for the first time, please read: Bug reporting guidelines
rumpilstilskin

(SOLVED) How to reimport Morrowind.ini. ?

Post by rumpilstilskin »

Hi everybody,

I am trying to install Tamriel Rebuilt. What ever the order of loading, I have plenty of yellow marquers ingame. I guess this means the game is not finding the path to the data...

This is my install :
Spoiler: Show
I read on the Tameriel Rebuilt install guide that : "If you use OpenMW, you will need to reimport your Morrowind.ini."

How do I do that ? And should I change this Morrowind.ini adding : Archive2=PT_Data.bsa and Archive3=TR_Data.bsa ?

Thanks !
Last edited by rumpilstilskin on 27 Aug 2017, 16:33, edited 1 time in total.
Naugrim

Re: How to reimport Morrowind.ini. ?

Post by Naugrim »

You don't really need to "reimport Morrowind.ini", that is to add the BSA files.
Just add them to `openmw.cfg` as `fallback-archive`:
fallback-archive=Morrowind.bsa
fallback-archive=Tribunal.bsa
fallback-archive=Bloodmoon.bsa
fallback-archive=PT_Data.bsa
fallback-archive=TR_Data.bsa
Also, make sure the directory is available. Either you copy them in Morrowind data or add TR_DATA as a a data directory, for example, adding this.
E:\Jocs\openmw-mods\TR_DATA
rumpilstilskin

Post by rumpilstilskin »

Hi Naugrim,

Thank you for your answer.

I have followed your advise and entered the two .bsa lignes as fallback-archives.

I have improvements when I arrive in tamriel Rebuilt : no yellow error marks in the arrival lobby... but as soon as I am out in the city, there is remaining loads of them !

On the loading consol, I have a serie of warnings : "Failed to load 'meshes\WL\F\wl_flora_bm_tree_02_nif' ; resource 'meches/wl/f/wl_flora_bm_tree_02.nif not found, using marker_error.nif instead.

Errors seems to concerne wl/flora_bm_tree 01 to 09.

I tryed to locate these files in the different mods I have installed to see if the path was wrong; didn't find them, nether in Morrowind Rebirth or in the Visual Pack Combined.

Could it be that these meshes are missing in my Tameriel Rebuilt mod ?

Also I dont understand what I have to do with :
Also, make sure the directory is available. Either you copy them in Morrowind data or add TR_DATA as a a data directory, for example, adding this.

E:\Jocs\openmw-mods\TR_DATA
I can't find any "openw-mods" file in my install, I asume this is the file where you extract your mods... in mine "C:\OpenMW 0.42.0\Data Files" I have installed "TamrielRebuilt_16-12" and "Tamriel_Data (HD)-44537-04. "TR_Data.bsa" is at the first level in this last folder. Should I move it out to be on the first level of "C:\OpenMW 0.42.0\Data Files" ?

Thanks for your help.
Naugrim

Post by Naugrim »

First, which city exact are you having issues with? I haven't noticed any missing element, but could be I haven't been there.
Also, just it case it helps, you can open the launcher and see if it shows some error, I think there's actually a import Morrowind.ini in the last tab.

Regarding the "openmw-mods\TR_DATA" comment, yes that's my local path. The thing is OpenMW allows to install mods in separated directories instead of putting all files in a single one. See "Multiple data folders" here https://wiki.openmw.org/index.php?title ... stallation, and https://openmw.readthedocs.io/en/master ... ml#install.
This allows to enable and disable mods as well as manage duplicated files in different mods much, much better way.
Btw, the team has stated they are aware the process is not friendly right now, and should be integrated in the launcher, but right now it requires to do things manually.
rumpilstilskin

Post by rumpilstilskin »

I am at the beggining of the game, from de Mage Guild of Vivec I can travel to 4 cities.

Baan Malur, Firewatch Palace, Narsis and Almalexia.

The yellow error signes are outside the mage guild at Baan Malur. The other cities are ok.

The launcher gives me : "Failed to load 'meshes\WL\F\wl_flora_bm_tree_02_nif' ; resource 'meches/wl/f/wl_flora_bm_tree_02.nif not found, using marker_error.nif instead.

Errors concerne wl/flora_bm_tree 01 to 09.

Also, is it normal that there no npc's in these cities ? Just ran into two guards at Almalexia, otherwise, nobody and empty doors...

Another strange thing : even after having disabled all mods of Morrowind Rebirth with the openmw-launcher, Morrowind Rebirth persists. I wonder if I really can disable with openmw-launcher... I might have to reinstall from scratch.

Would you have, by any chance, a link to a configuration of OpenMW working with Morrowind Rebirth, Tamriel Rebuilt and a textures enhancement (I love Visual Pack Combined-44311-3-0 but maybe it conflicts with OpenMW or/and Tamriel Rebuilt) ?
magamo

Post by magamo »

Narsis, Almalexia and Baan Malur are all in the 'TR_Preview' add on, and are unfinished as of yet, so they'll be ghost towns mostly. Firewatch should be properly lively, though.
rumpilstilskin

Post by rumpilstilskin »

Thank you for your answer Narsis... Almalexia is empty on my game... anyway I have visited other towns like OldEbonheart and it is lively. Plenty to discover allready !

I have solved the problem of missing meshes at Baan Malur. It apears that meshes from "wl_SolstheimOverhaul_v1.3" where used in this town, the "wl_" on the errors listed in the launcher rang a bell... I installed "wl_SolstheimOverhaul_v1.3" and no more yellow error signes but big trees, probably the same I will see on Solstheim^^

My built is following and runs smoothly - 150/400 frame rate outdoors - 400/800 indoors - :D
Spoiler: Show

Cheers !