Controller and NPC issue

Support for running, installing or compiling OpenMW

Before you submit a bug report for the first time, please read: Bug reporting guidelines
thedahlingdarling

Controller and NPC issue

Post by thedahlingdarling »

Hi, sorry if this has been asked before. I tried searching in past threads and didn't see anything that covered this specific problem but what i'm having an issue with is when I use the controller I cannot talk to NPCs one after another. The game remembers where my crosshair was previously (which would be over "goodbye") so when I press A to talk to another NPC is immediately closes the window and hits "goodbye" I dont know if A is double clicking or what the issue is but I have to use my keyboard to speak to multiple NPCs in a row, the only way around this is opening a container after I finish speaking with them so my crosshair is somewhere else on the screen.

Is there a way to default the in menu crosshair to the center or reset it's position or stop my controller from double clicking when I press A? I'm at a loss as to what is causing this.
Ravenwing

Re: Controller and NPC issue

Post by Ravenwing »

I've reported the bug here https://bugs.openmw.org/issues/3123. The quick and dirty fix is to hold down the button and move the cursor elsewhere before releasing. I don't think controller support is very high on the priority list since controller support was garbage to begin with in vanilla. Perhaps if you add to the bug report your specific findings it will bring it back up as a topic that needs addressing.