[SOLVED] Mod : "content file does not exist"

Support for running, installing or compiling OpenMW

Before you submit a bug report for the first time, please read: Bug reporting guidelines
troglodyte

[SOLVED] Mod : "content file does not exist"

Post by troglodyte »

Hello everybody,

Now I'm modding my OpenMW mac install, which basically means I must put every file from the archives in the right place by hand.

But there's a few mods I like that can't run because the "content file does not exist". Mostly Necessities of Morrowind, and yet it is the 2.1 version because that's all we have in french. What can I do to make it work? The content file is not missing!

See what says the terminal :
Spoiler: Show
I didn't find the OpenMW.cfg as described here that we're supposed to modificate, but as I can read here I don't need to since I install my mods the old way and the .esp is on the launcher list. It still crashes.
I run on OS X Yosemite 10.10.5 and the OpenMW version is the 0.42.

Thanks
Last edited by troglodyte on 27 Aug 2017, 12:28, edited 1 time in total.
jmelesky

Re: Mod : "content file does not exist"

Post by jmelesky »

Failed loading Les nécessités de Morrowind v21.omwaddon
Is the file named "Les nécessités de Morrowind v21.omwaddon", or "Les nécessités de Morrowind v21.esp" ?
troglodyte

Post by troglodyte »

I tried both, the original esp and a save from OpenMW-CS of this exact same esp. The result is the same.

Thanks for your answer by the way.
jirka642

Post by jirka642 »

troglodyte wrote: 19 Aug 2017, 02:36 I didn't find the OpenMW.cfg as described here that we're supposed to modificate
Your "openmw.cfg" is located at "/Users/michel/Library/Preferences/openmw/openmw.cfg", can you post it?
troglodyte

Post by troglodyte »

I don't have a "Library" file in "michel". :(

Attachments
Capture d’écran 2017-08-25 à 19.10.25.png
damiel

Post by damiel »

The user library doesnt get shown in finder per default. You have to enable it, press CMD + J, you will get menu where you have to look for a box with a text like "Show Libary Folder", tick the box and you should be able to see the Library directory.
troglodyte

Post by troglodyte »

THANK YOU !

I'll try to manually add the mods that don't work in the list even if they show up in the launcher and I'll come back to you if it doesn't work.

Edit: So that doesn't work. Here's what the openmw.cfg is showing right now.
Spoiler: Show
jirka642

Post by jirka642 »

That openmw.cfg looks OK to me.
The only other possible problem that I can think of is that OpenMW has problem with correctly encoding the "é" in the mod name. But that's something OpenMW should not have any problems with. Maybe try to rename the mod to not have any non-english characters.

You could also test this mod with just base game and clean openmw.cfg(remove and then recreate with wizard). Its possible that the problem is not with the mod itself, but with something else.
troglodyte

Post by troglodyte »

AND THAT WORKED
(It was the specific french "é" and such.)

(And I still motivated french translators to translate NoM 3 so everything is a-okay.)
AnyOldName3

Re: [SOLVED] Mod : "content file does not exist"

Post by AnyOldName3 »

I reckon it's supposed to work with é and similar characters, so you may want to create a bug report, and I'll try and take a look ASAP.