Can't run openmw-launcher.exe Win10

Support for running, installing or compiling OpenMW

Before you submit a bug report for the first time, please read: Bug reporting guidelines
Kire

Re: Can't run openmw-launcher.exe Win10

Post by Kire »

Still nothing.

It might be worth mentioning what I get this error if I simply start openmw.exe, but I don't think it's very relevant since it's not even properly set up. :?

http://puu.sh/x7ChB/d8c438dd78.png
silentthief

Post by silentthief »

So I searched google for that error in the screenshot you gave ("boost::filesystem::path codecvt to wstring error") and I found a link back to this forum recommending running system repair (viewtopic.php?f=8&t=3496&hilit=boost%3A ... g%3A+error)

Might be worth a try

ST
Kire

Post by Kire »

Is system repair really the only option here?

Doesn't that mean I have to wipe my drive?
AnyOldName3

Post by AnyOldName3 »

Stuff like chkdsk and sfc /scannow might be able to detect and fix things in-place.
Frik

Post by Frik »

Don't forget to open the command prompt as administrator "Command Prompt (Admin)" before running:

sfc /scannow

Leave the Command Prompt window open until the command completes, which may take some time.
Husaco

Post by Husaco »

Hmm, I looked at other forums and in most of them the error is actually that their file path uses characters that the application doesn't like, which has caused problems before. Do any of the folders OpenMW is in have punctuation, accented or non-Latin letters or any other symbol that might cause problems (easily checkable by clicking on the address bar)?
Naugrim

Post by Naugrim »

Husaco wrote: 12 Aug 2017, 02:53 Hmm, I looked at other forums and in most of them the error is actually that their file path uses characters that the application doesn't like, which has caused problems before. Do any of the folders OpenMW is in have punctuation, accented or non-Latin letters or any other symbol that might cause problems (easily checkable by clicking on the address bar)?
Check your home/user directory under "c:/Users/", the configuration files go there.
Kire

Post by Kire »

What is the configuration file called? Can't seem to find it
Naugrim

Post by Naugrim »

The files are openmw.cfg and settings.cfg.
Should be located under: C:\Users\HERE_COMES_YOUR_USERNAME\Documents\my games\OpenMW (At least in my win 8.1)