Bodies clipping through the floor

Support for running, installing or compiling OpenMW

Before you submit a bug report for the first time, please read: Bug reporting guidelines
Jester

Bodies clipping through the floor

Post by Jester »

I dont remember this happening before but i killed this woman in the cave by the silt strider in sceyda neen and she got half buried in the ground.
I cranked up the brightness before taking the screenshot to make it clearer but it didnt affect it. I didnt know that.
Attachments
screenshot005.png
DestinedToDie

Re: Bodies clipping through the floor

Post by DestinedToDie »

I could be wrong, but I think this is normal behavior, in vanilla Morrowind engine too. When an NPC dies, their body doesn't really fall according to physics. It just falls accordingly to how it's animated and where the NPC is positioned. As such, there might be a wall or a bump in the road on the way, but the body will move as it is falling according to where the last frame of animation lands it.
scrawl

Re: Bodies clipping through the floor

Post by scrawl »

That's not quite correct. The bodies do fall according to physics, so they will be blocked by a wall in the way. However, the actual collision shape used is, unfittingly, the same as when the NPC is standing upright, which may lead to arms/legs clipping through things when they lay on the ground.

Hard to tell from the screenshot if anything is wrong, though. Can you make one with the collision grid (console -> TCG) enabled?