[SOLVED] OpenMW CS crashes on my Mac

Support for running, installing or compiling OpenMW

Before you submit a bug report for the first time, please read: Bug reporting guidelines
Thunderforge

Re: OpenMW CS crashes on my Mac

Post by Thunderforge »

To be clear, both OpenMW and OpenMW-CS are in the same folder? There is a known issue that in a MAC they need to both be present in the same location for OpenMW-CS to work.
corristo

Post by corristo »

To be clear, both OpenMW and OpenMW-CS are in the same folder? There is a known issue that in a MAC they need to both be present in the same location for OpenMW-CS to work.
Not quite. You only have to have them in the same folder in order to be able to run OpenMW from OpenMW-CS. That's it.

@troglodyte
Sorry for the confusion. Please run the following then:

Code: Select all

/Applications/OpenMW-CS.app/Contents/MacOS/OpenMW-CS
troglodyte

Post by troglodyte »

Thank you for your patience. That's my fault, I wasn't paying attention. But I'm glad to tell your we're getting to something !
Last login: Wed Aug 16 11:51:26 on console
Leon-Trog:~ michel$ /Applications/OpenMW-CS.app/Contents/MacOS/OpenMW-CS
Loading settings file: ../Resources/openmw-cs.cfg
Loading config file: /Users/michel/Library/Preferences/openmw/openmw.cfg... done.
Loading config file: ../Resources/openmw.cfg... done.
ERROR: Archive 'Morrowind.bsa' not found
Leon-Trog:~ michel$
Okay. Stop. I'm here. It's okay. Okay. I got it. Morrowind wasn't properly installed on my OpenMW in the first place. Works fine on OpenMW now. OpenMW-CS works fine too. Oh wow. Magic.

Thank you Corristo. Thank you guys. :D
troglodyte

Post by troglodyte »

Obviously there's a lot of things I don't understand yet with the CS, but is this normal that I can't delete objects in cells ? I know it isn't finished yet but it seemed to me that some people could manage to normally place objects is cells through the CS. The user manual doesn't say anything about it. In fact there's no explanation about how to make a simple mod through the CS, does that mean it is impossible yet ?

I want to assure you that I really want it to work on my mac so if you need an alpha tester for the mac version of OpenMW tell me how I can make myself useful.
Loriel

Post by Loriel »

There appear to be multiple manuals for the CS.
The one at the bottom of the downloads page appears to be dated 2016 - http://downloads.openmw.org/opencs-manual/main.pdf.
The one at https://openmw.readthedocs.io/en/master ... index.html appears to be current - it includes a walkthrough (albeit unfinished) of a simple mod to create a ring and add it to the world, but omits some of the material in the "old" manual.
So it's probably worth using both.

See also the "Modding Reference" at https://openmw.readthedocs.io/en/master ... index.html

It is certainly possible to fix existing mods in the OpenMW CS - I've done plenty myself. It also appears that others have successfully created new mods in it.

However, there are still numerous missing or incomplete features - doors for example. I have not tried adding/deleting objects in cells - this may be one.

My suggestions :
Work through the "making a magic ring" tutorial in the manual, and report back on any difficulties, and suggest improvements in the documentation.
Open a few existing mods in the CS, run "file/verify" to find errors, and open the relevant tabs in the CS and try to understand and fix those errors (Warning - the base game generates a lot of errors and warnings, so run verify on Morrowind itself to familiarise yourself with them.)

Loriel
troglodyte

Post by troglodyte »

Thank you very much for the documentation. I'll make the magical ring.

I also have an unfinished mod waiting for me for years, supposed to use every functionnality of the TESC, I'll test OpenMW-CS making it eventually.
slartt23

Re: [SOLVED] OpenMW CS crashes on my Mac

Post by slartt23 »

sorry its an old thread but i'm having the same openmw cs issue as well. it says my morrowind bsa is missing

for openmw all the original ini files have loaded but for some reason the bsa is greyed out

how can i solve this?