Mac Visual Issues

Support for running, installing or compiling OpenMW

Before you submit a bug report for the first time, please read: Bug reporting guidelines
wareya

Re: Mac Visual Issues

Post by wareya »

Is it too dark in windowed mode?
akortunov

Post by akortunov »

Adm1jtg wrote: 04 Jun 2019, 01:43 Please let me know what options there are besides staying on Windows
You can try to adjust gamma manually in the settings.cfg (the "gamma" setting under "Video" section, it may or may not work), or change your display settings.
Adm1jtg

Post by Adm1jtg »

wareya wrote: 04 Jun 2019, 03:50 Is it too dark in windowed mode?
Yes, have not found a way to adjust it to make it playable.
wareya

Post by wareya »

Guys, stop suggesting the gamma setting. If they can't get at them through the options then they won't work.

What you want to do for now is adjust your monitor or display profile's contrast or gamma that way. Or find a way to tell the OS that OpenMW is rendering with a weird color profile, and that you want it to be adjusted to something brighter.

What we really need is a gamma postprocessing shader for when the engine can't control the monitor's gamma. There's nothing particularly expensive about this, simple color mapping postprocessing is among the cheapest postprocessing you can do.
AnyOldName3

Post by AnyOldName3 »

I thought we blanket-disabled the gamma slider on everything that wasn't Windows, but the issue preventing gamma from working is a driver/window manager issue, and so there are Unices where it does work. Either today or yesterday I saw a Reddit thread saying that gamma was working despite being unavailable from the GUI.
Capostrophic

Post by Capostrophic »

AnyOldName3 wrote: 05 Jun 2019, 22:06 I thought we blanket-disabled the gamma slider on everything that wasn't Windows, but the issue preventing gamma from working is a driver/window manager issue, and so there are Unices where it does work.
Yes.
Adm1jtg

Post by Adm1jtg »

AnyOldName3 wrote: 05 Jun 2019, 22:06 I thought we blanket-disabled the gamma slider on everything that wasn't Windows, but the issue preventing gamma from working is a driver/window manager issue, and so there are Unices where it does work. Either today or yesterday I saw a Reddit thread saying that gamma was working despite being unavailable from the GUI.
A bit over my head but is there a build or a configuration I could try then that might work? New to Mac os and new to open mw but more then willing to try test builds or a set of detailed instructions to get it working
Adm1jtg

Post by Adm1jtg »

Adm1jtg wrote: 06 Jun 2019, 14:38
AnyOldName3 wrote: 05 Jun 2019, 22:06 I thought we blanket-disabled the gamma slider on everything that wasn't Windows, but the issue preventing gamma from working is a driver/window manager issue, and so there are Unices where it does work. Either today or yesterday I saw a Reddit thread saying that gamma was working despite being unavailable from the GUI.
A bit over my head but is there a build or a configuration I could try then that might work? New to Mac os and new to open mw but more then willing to try test builds or a set of detailed instructions to get it working
I guess for now I will just have to stick with Windows huh?