Help with shiny fake-bump mapped rocks

Support for running, installing or compiling OpenMW

Before you submit a bug report for the first time, please read: Bug reporting guidelines
silentthief

Re: Help with shiny fake-bump mapped rocks

Post by silentthief »

the purple-ish rock and the bumpmap/height map look would be the way the rocks should look if your character did skooma

:lol:

ST
sjek

Post by sjek »

or for keeping it in the realms of face masks and such.

how moon sugar should look when under skooma .p

dunno though exact way to get it replace the rocks or moon sugar. could use statics to activators and do disable enable based on global variable http://download.fliggerty.com/download--1190
on same frame as openmw allow probaply that to be seamless and even with return in the middle could be kinda it.

needs to do kinda many rocks though.
on that scale the alcoholic effect could be expanded on newer mwse with shaderenable and such. potion drinking is normally gotten by that sound. inventory doesn't have same reference handling as world so it's matching before and after or something other..... potions...

edit:
taken from there https://wiki.openmw.org/index.php?title ... omatic_use
the height info is basically alpha channel to be used for parallax mapping with _nh
there's enviro01.dds in vanilla textures folder and desaturate seems to convert any picture to greyscale.

wonder how reflect would look with these with enviromental cg_specular_cube_map as that can be used for specified mirror at least.
Blunderking

Post by Blunderking »

Oh man I completely forgot about this thread I made, my bad. Anyhow, I managed to fix most of these shiny rocks simply by deleting the mesh in the meshes folder in the data files folder of Morrowind. For those from the future looking at this thread, just open the console, click the shiny object, and type in ori into the console. This should give you the filepath of the mesh, which you delete to get back normal rocks.

Back to the thread subject, there actually seems to be a few shiny meshes in-game that aren't rocks, particularly treasure chests and beds. Their colour varies and it's a bit less jarring than the rocks (it just looks like some folk in Morrowind have solid gold beds), but it seems only for a few deleting the mesh works. With others I can delete the mesh, and it's still there, solid shiny gold and all, even after triple-checking if I had the right filepath. Anyone know how to deal with this?
scrawl

Post by scrawl »

With others I can delete the mesh, and it's still there, solid shiny gold and all, even after triple-checking if I had the right filepath.
Assuming the file reference is 'file.nif', can you check for a similar file called 'xfile.nif'?
Mithendil

Post by Mithendil »

I too have the issue with the gold beds, and other textures being shiny. Please help!