Non-existent texture missing

Support for running, installing or compiling OpenMW

Before you submit a bug report for the first time, please read: Bug reporting guidelines
LoopZoop

Non-existent texture missing

Post by LoopZoop »

Herehttp://imgur.com/a/KXHBm is what is happening,
and here is the log
Failed to open image: Resource 'textures/indoril_gm.dds' not found Failed to open image: Resource 'textures/tx_a_indoril_c_belt_nm.dds' not found Failed to open image: Resource 'textures/tx_a_indoril_beltcloth_nm.dds' not found Failed to open image: Resource 'textures/tx_a_indoril_c_currais3_exc.dds' not found Failed to open image: Resource 'textures/tx_a_indoril_c_currais2_nm.dds' not found Failed to open image: Resource 'textures/tx_a_indoril_pauldron_nm.dds' not found Failed to open image: Resource 'textures/tx_a_indoril_ua_mail_nm.dds' not found Failed to open image: Resource 'textures/tx_a_indoril_pauldron_cl_nm.dds' not found Failed to open image: Resource 'textures/tx_a_indoril_boot_a_nm.dds' not found
Ive tried turning on auto for normal mapping shaders, searching for the files missing, but the thing is, there are no normalmaps files labeled _nm, they are all _n.
I think it could be Rebirth doing so, and if it was, how could I go in and redirect it to use _n textures? But I'm not sure if that is the esp/esm thrying to utilize that file, so how could I be sure. The reason I think its rebirth is i typed "ori" on the guard and Rebirth came up as the file location.
Thanks
Capostrophic

Re: Non-existent texture missing

Post by Capostrophic »

The Indoril armor meshes from Saint_Jiub's HiRez Armors - Native Styles, seemingly used in Rebirth, explicitly use _nm suffix for bump maps, however... with correct textures they will look rather odd anyway and it'd be better to just not use the meshes at all.
Well, change the suffix of those textures, if they're existing (they must), to nm.
LoopZoop

Post by LoopZoop »

I'll just take out that mod.
Thanks for the help
abelthorne

Post by abelthorne »

Not sure if it's the right place to "advertise" but I've just released a mod to fix the bump maps issue with HiRez Armors and OpenMW. It's available on NexusMods.
Starsheep

Post by Starsheep »

abelthorne wrote: 15 Jun 2018, 15:06 It's available on NexusMods.
I fixed this replacer myself when I installed it but now you've uploaded a patch on the nexus, i added it to the mod status page on the wiki
abelthorne

Post by abelthorne »

Oh, thanks. I just noticed that I should do a replacement for Less Bulky Pauldrons too, I'll add them later.