Right Analog Stick

Support for running, installing or compiling OpenMW

Before you submit a bug report for the first time, please read: Bug reporting guidelines
StaggerLee42

Right Analog Stick

Post by StaggerLee42 »

Hey Everyone,

New to OpenMW (using it on a macbookpro and LOVING the fact that it exists. Major thanks.). I booted up openmw today and plugged in a controller (off brand ps3 controller, "snakebyte" using usb) and it seems like the analog sticks don't work? Or rather, once the left analog stick worked but the right analog stick operated opposite of normal, up and down moved the camera left/right, etc. Is there a way for me to map analog sticks? I'm not seeing that in the in-game controller options.
If possible, please be specific with any instructions.
Unfortunately, I don't have a desk or mouse to make use of a set up like that.

Any help would be much appreciated! Thanks so much.

-Alex
SquireNed

Re: Right Analog Stick

Post by SquireNed »

Just to confirm, does it work normally for other games?
wareya

Post by wareya »

This is an issue with the SDL2 bindings (or, if it has none, lack thereof) for this controller. If you just want things to work, you can fix this by editing the respective text file.
StaggerLee42

Post by StaggerLee42 »

Squire: Unfortunately, I don't have other games on my mac to test it with. I'll try and figure something out.

Wareya: Could you be more specific about what I need to do? I do want things to work, but I'm uncertain what text files, where they are, and what I would need to edit?

Thanks to you both for your replies!
Pop000100

Post by Pop000100 »

StaggerLee42 wrote:
but I'm uncertain what text files, where they are, and what I would need to edit?
gamecontrollerdb.txt i believe is the name of it
on windows it is in OpenMW's root folder not sure about Linux and OSX.
corristo

Post by corristo »

https://bugs.openmw.org/issues/3708

@StaggerLee42: the file gamecontrollerdb.txt is located inside OpenMW.app bundle, namely in Contents/Resources subfolder.
corristo

Post by corristo »

I've tried to fix the issue and made a build: http://downloads.openmw.org/osx/OpenMW- ... e9aef8.dmg.

I'd appreciate any feedback.