3-8 fps in Sadrith Mora. Physics out the roof

Support for running, installing or compiling OpenMW

Before you submit a bug report for the first time, please read: Bug reporting guidelines
scrawl

Re: 3-8 fps in Sadrith Mora. Physics out the roof

Post by scrawl »

Just noticed the release of 0.41 and came back.

After trying removing all the npcs and many objects from the city the problem remains the same.
The second i leave town it magically hits 60fps and stays there like it does in any other part of the game.
This thread is old, there may be another one but I don't have the link handy. 0.41 incorporates the minor fix I made but not the improvements by logzero from PR 1158, the latter will be part of 0.42 and should have a much bigger impact.
Jester

Post by Jester »

scrawl wrote:
Just noticed the release of 0.41 and came back.

After trying removing all the npcs and many objects from the city the problem remains the same.
The second i leave town it magically hits 60fps and stays there like it does in any other part of the game.
This thread is old, there may be another one but I don't have the link handy. 0.41 incorporates the minor fix I made but not the improvements by logzero from PR 1158, the latter will be part of 0.42 and should have a much bigger impact.
Im not really sure what im looking at since i never bothered with github.
If thats the case i guess i'll wait for 0.42 ?
Its pretty shitty doing so though. Everyone i know has had these issues and in the end vanilla mw has more pros than cons in comparison to openmw which is the other way around.
Cramal

Post by Cramal »

It's always possible to use nightly to get benefit for new features and improvement as soon as possible.

Stability of nightly build are not guaranteed becase no testing is done between compilation and upload, but most of the nightlies works perfectly fine
akortunov

Post by akortunov »

Some modern CPU's have 4-8 threads. Can we use idle cores to compute physics since it takes a lot of CPU time (especially with mods, Tamriel Rebuilt for example)? Or it is a very difficult task?

For example, on my laptop with i7-3632QM only two CPU threads are actively used (physics and draw, I think). I got about 20 fps in large cities, but six threads (75% of CPU power) are still idle.
differenceclouds

Post by differenceclouds »

I apologize if someone has suggested this before, but I fixed this with a simple reset actors "ra" command.