Nothing happens after Launch!

Support for running, installing or compiling OpenMW

Before you submit a bug report for the first time, please read: Bug reporting guidelines
jedi93

Nothing happens after Launch!

Post by jedi93 »

Hey guys,
my problem with OpenMW is that after I configured it and I click on Play, nothing happens. Just nothing... (OpenMW 0.39)
What am I doing wrong?

greetings
jedi93

P.S: I tested it in Ubuntu and it worked, so my hardware is not the problem...
Last edited by jedi93 on 23 Aug 2016, 02:15, edited 1 time in total.
aesylwinn

Re: Nothing happens after Launch!

Post by aesylwinn »

Please post your log file. The file location can be found here.
jedi93

Post by jedi93 »

there's only the wizard.log with this:

Code: Select all

Started OpenMW Wizard on Di 23. Aug 03:11:37 2016
aesylwinn

Post by aesylwinn »

What platform are you trying to get this running on? I was assuming Windows.

You could try running openmw-launcher from a terminal and see what it spits out. It might be a missing library. Otherwise I would suggest running the wizard again or reimporting settings from your morrowind.ini file.

Edit: Does the launcher close when you click play?
jedi93

Post by jedi93 »

Windows 10, yes.
If i try it over CMD it spits out nothing.
Reimporting settings didn't help.

The launcher closes, yes.
lysol

Post by lysol »

I've been trying to help this guy on reddit, but seems it's quite hard since not even cmd gives him anything.

@scrawl or @zini, any ideas on how to diagnose?
aesylwinn

Post by aesylwinn »

That's quite odd. Have you tried directly running the openmw executable (bypassing the launcher) from a terminal? It could be data corruption, so maybe try downloading again, or getting a different version. I know the Windows 0.40 RC version was posted in the Organization and Planning section of the forums. I'm afraid, that's all I can suggest. Unless someone else has another idea, output from the windows equivalent for GDB is probably needed to further debug this.
jedi93

Post by jedi93 »

thanks, I love you :lol:
It works with the latest Nightly :P
(64bit, just to clarify)
Veggicide

Post by Veggicide »

Sorry to resurrect an old thread, but I am having this same issue. I go through the process of pointing the installer to morrowind.esm, and everything seems ok, but when I run the launcher, nothing happens. If I try running openmw.exe directly (either from a command prompt or double clicking), I get a popup window that says: "boost::filesystem::create_directory: Cannot create a file when that file already exists: "C:\~some path~\My Games\OpenMW""
wizard.log in that directory says this: "Started OpenMW Wizard on Sat Apr 14 21:18:26 2018". I've tried uninstalling openMW, morrowind, and deleting the above directory. I've tried versions 40 to 43. I'm running a 64 bit windows 10 system with Morrowind off of steam. I did get it to launch once, no idea how. I've disabled windows defender to no avail. Ultimately I'm trying to get the multiplayer mod working, so I've tried running direct off of there, no luck either.
DestinedToDie

Post by DestinedToDie »