Nothing happens after Launch!

Support for running, installing or compiling OpenMW

Before you submit a bug report for the first time, please read: Bug reporting guidelines
lysol

Re: Nothing happens after Launch!

Post by lysol »

DestinedToDie wrote: 15 Apr 2018, 07:39 Did you do this exact thing? https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/ ... nknown.png
The fact that this is like the fourth time you post this image tells a lot about the launcher in the current release. :roll:
Veggicide

Post by Veggicide »

Yes, I did that exact thing. If I let the installer launch openmw on its own (last check box on the installer) I get this popup:
Welcome to OpenMW!
It is recommended that you run the Installation Wizard.
ect...
I click Run the installation Wizard
I get this popup:
Error running executable
Executable openmw-wizard returned an error
An error occurred while running openmw-wizard.
Under show details it says:
Process crashed.

If don't let the installer run openmw-wizard, but run it regularly after the install completes, it runs through correctly and I am able to select morrowind.esm as your picture describes. That is the state I am in now with the last post I made.
Obliverate15

Post by Obliverate15 »

I'm running into the exact same issue as described. My OpenMW ran and played perfectly two days ago. I don't know if Windows updates broke something related to the files in my documents.

Veggicide

Post by Veggicide »

Solved! I had to disable onedrive. Basically, "my documents" pointed to onedrive and that was confusing the program. If we could have the location of the openmw folder outside of documents/my games, this could be solved in other ways.