OpenMW on Arch Linux ARM

Support for running, installing or compiling OpenMW

Before you submit a bug report for the first time, please read: Bug reporting guidelines
AshSlave

Re: OpenMW on Arch Linux ARM

Post by AshSlave »

Had to deal with out of memory problem, but now it compiles successfully, thank you! Disabling openmw-cs was enough.

Now I need to test it with something.

UPDATE: Morrowind works only until I exit from the ship, then it crashes. Attached file is a terminal output.
Attachments
crashlog.txt
(19.5 KiB) Downloaded 184 times
AshSlave

Post by AshSlave »

Just editing doesn't bump the thread, does it? I'll double post just in case. Feel free to scold me if it's unnecessary and inappropriate.
scrawl

Post by scrawl »

If you look at the log, there are errors from your video driver about failed memory allocations. What hardware/driver are you running this on, are you sure that its sufficient for running Morrowind? Is this is a software or HW renderer?
AshSlave

Post by AshSlave »

Hardware and driver are exactly like OP's - Raspberry Pi 2 with VC4 driver.

I didn't test much since then, but teleporting to Balmora works fine. Although frame rates are a bit lower than I read from other users, it might be because I didn't overclock my RPi.

When I coc'd to Seyda Neen, game worked for a second, then crashed the same way.

Update: I tested it without dtoverlay=vc4-kms-v3d in my /boot/config.txt. Performance is, of course, unplayable, but the crash is gone. So it seems that either my kernel has bad VC4 driver or OpenGL is broken in my build of OpenMW.