2 problems with openMW

Support for running, installing or compiling OpenMW

Before you submit a bug report for the first time, please read: Bug reporting guidelines
finrail

2 problems with openMW

Post by finrail »

Hi all,

French old player of Morrowind, I've installed OpenMW 0.35 on my Linux Mageia5 with KDE4 with a lot of hope. Version 0.35 is available in Mageia's package repository, so I install it to play at my favorite game.
I have 2 problems, and I don't find any echo of them in the web. So I don't know if I can resolve them.

1) Ingame console doesn't take my keyboard inputs. I can't write, and I'm very frustrated because I used it a lot in this game (no need to explain why, it's just Morrowind... :mrgreen: ). Is there something to add (like other Ogre plugins) to my install ?

2) All my specific animations don't work. Some standard dummies are just lying down, NPCs from "Animated Morrowind" stand. Are animations supported ?

Thanks in advance for any answer.
Cramal

Re: 2 problems with openMW

Post by Cramal »

0.35 is really a old version (like 4 or 5 month old), a lot of bugs have been fixed since.

I don't know Mageia5 but if you're not able to "steal" package from other Linux distribution, you should pick the last version on the git and compile it your self.

There is detailed instruction on the wiki
DanielCoffey

Post by DanielCoffey »

I use Linux Mint myself but would Mageia access a PPA the same way as Ubuntu? (I am not an experienced Linux user - I have had Mint for a month)

Look at the Installation Instructions in the Wiki and you will see that there is a link to the Ubuntu repository ppa:openmw/openmw which will get you 0.36.1 and there is also ppa:openmw/openmw-daily which will get the daily developer build.
finrail

Post by finrail »

Hi,

hum, okay, I'll try to compile an up-to-date version then.

Thanks. ;)