Compiling under windows; cMake errors

Support for running, installing or compiling OpenMW

Before you submit a bug report for the first time, please read: Bug reporting guidelines
Digmaster

Compiling under windows; cMake errors

Post by Digmaster »

Hello all!
I'm attempting to get this to compile under windows; as I'm usually on that OS. However, I'm having issues doing the initial Cmake of it; I don't know if I'm doing something crazy but I'm getting a considerable amount of errors. The current error is:

Code: Select all

CMake Error at C:/Program Files (x86)/CMake 2.8/share/cmake-2.8/Modules/FindPackageHandleStandardArgs.cmake:108 (message):
  Could NOT find Qt4 (missing: QT_QTGUI_LIBRARY QT_QTNETWORK_LIBRARY) (found
  version "4.8.5")
Call Stack (most recent call first):
  C:/Program Files (x86)/CMake 2.8/share/cmake-2.8/Modules/FindPackageHandleStandardArgs.cmake:315 (_FPHSA_FAILURE_MESSAGE)
  C:/Program Files (x86)/CMake 2.8/share/cmake-2.8/Modules/FindQt4.cmake:1393 (FIND_PACKAGE_HANDLE_STANDARD_ARGS)
I have qt4.8.5 installed (as well as qt5 for another project). any help? I had a similar error about SDL2, however there were fields that I could fill in with the pertinent information (I'm using the cmake-gui for windows). I'm assuming my issues here are with my environmental variables, reproduced below:
  • BULLET_INCLUDE_DIR E:\Libs\bullet3-master\src
    BULLET_ROOT E:\Libs\bullet3-master
    FFMPEG_HOME E:\Libs\ffmpeg-git-1eabd71-win32-dev
    FREETYPE_DIR E:\Libs\gnuWin32
... (Lots of others but there's no errors with them so I'm not going to put them here, but then theres these)...
  • QTDIR C:\Qt\4.8.5
    SDL2_INCLUDE E:\Libs\SDL2-2.0.1\include
    SDL2DIR E:\Libs\SDL2-2.0.1\lib\x86;E:\Libs\SDL2-2.0.1\lib\x86\SDL2.dll;E:\Libs\SDL2-2.0.1\lib;E:\Libs\SDL2-2.0.1\include
(I added a butt ton of things to SDL2DIR as I wasn't sure which worked...apparently none of them haha)
cc9cii

Re: Compiling under windows; cMake errors

Post by cc9cii »

If you've not done already, please check https://wiki.openmw.org/index.php?title ... ment_Setup

One of the problems I had was that the env variable weren't being picked up, because I log in with a non-Administrator account. I had to use System variables rather than User variables.

Regarding your Qt errors: try manually point to where Qt Network library can be found if it isn't automatically found (having said that, manual setup will be too much pain - there are just too many of these) On mine, QT_QTNETWORK_LIBRARY is:

optimized;D:/Users/Dad/Dev/build/qt-4.8/lib/QtNetwork4.lib;debug;D:/Users/Dad/Dev/build/qt-4.8/lib/QtNetworkd4.lib
My SDL2DIR env variable is:

D:\Users\Dad\Dev\sdk\SDL2
SDL2_INCLUDE_DIR in CMake is:

D:/Users/Dad/Dev/sdk/SDL2/include/SDL2
SDL2_LIBRARY is:

winmm;imm32;version;msimg32;D:/Users/Dad/Dev/sdk/SDL2/lib/SDL2main.lib;D:/Users/Dad/Dev/sdk/SDL2/lib/SDL2.lib
I have never noticed till now - I have no idea what these are :?

winmm;imm32;version;msimg32
wheybags

Post by wheybags »

Users\Dad :D
cc9cii

Post by cc9cii »

Urmm, the machine belongs to someone else ;-)
Digmaster

Post by Digmaster »

It sounds like my error is in user/system variables. I'll mess with that next time I'm on my windows side