installing

Support for running, installing or compiling OpenMW

Before you submit a bug report for the first time, please read: Bug reporting guidelines
gits

installing

Post by gits »

I currently have a copy of morrowind gotye and i was wondering if its capable of running on netrunner linux which is a fork of ubuntu, using OpenMW.
pvdk

Re: installing

Post by pvdk »

Morrowind Gotye? :lol:

All kidding aside, check our wiki on how to install OpenMW on Ubuntu, which should work if Netrunner OS is Ubuntu-based. I don't know Netrunner though so your distro might require a different installation method.
DivineReality

Re: installing

Post by DivineReality »

Ok , so i basically run a dell inspiron laptop and it has the ubuntu 13.04? i think. but i currently installed openmw and did all the processes of going into command prompt and typing in all that jargon. I followed the steps on your page to the letter, yet everytime i try to run the openmw it launches the loading screen and says "loading interior" then it crashes and i have no idea why. also in your steps for downloading and installing this the instructions said when you run the openmw for the first time you will get that error message and you have to make a master file right? well... i didnt get that message at all so i dont really know if this is a bug or something :/ someone please help me out! thanks. by the way well done on the site and developments i really enjoy this game and seeing other active fans out there makes me feel like less of a vintage game scrub xD . also if i posted this in the wrong place sorry again cause i joined propably 2 hours ago and im a newfag.