0.24 crash

Support for running, installing or compiling OpenMW

Before you submit a bug report for the first time, please read: Bug reporting guidelines
lysol

0.24 crash

Post by lysol »

Hi there, I've been lurking here almost daily for a while now. Really excited about the project. Last working version of OpenMW I tried was 0.22, which worked perfectly. I downloaded 0.24 RC 2 this time, and I can't get it to work, it just crashes like a second after the loading screen shows. Probably just me doing something wrong and not a bug, but who knows... I did launch the mwiniimport.exe before anything else. Second, I ran the launcher. I selected mw and the two expansion esm's plus better bodies.esp.

Here's the Ogre.log. Anything else you need?
Spoiler: Show
There's some errors in the end, before all the texture loadings. Don't know if they are of any importance.

EDIT: A bit more info you might need:

I have an i7 laptop with 4 gb of ram and a geforce 425M (1gb) graphics card.

(I also updated the post a bit since I wanted to specify that the last working version of openmw for me was 0.22. I did try 0.23 too and it didn't work)
Last edited by lysol on 12 Jun 2013, 18:41, edited 1 time in total.
pvdk

Re: 0.24 crash

Post by pvdk »

It looks like your graphics card is not able to run our shaders, but that would be something our graphics guy should have a look at. Thanks for reporting.
lysol

Re: 0.24 crash

Post by lysol »

My graphics card? Strange... I have a geforce GT425M. Nothing fancy at all, but I guess it should run most of todays shaders? Did you change anything regarding that between 0.22 and 0.23 or 0.24? Hope you can solve it.

Thanks!