OpenMW not running

Support for running, installing or compiling OpenMW

Before you submit a bug report for the first time, please read: Bug reporting guidelines
DeeTwoAr

OpenMW not running

Post by DeeTwoAr »

Hi everybody,

I experience some problems trying to get OpenMW (both 0.2.3 and older versions) running on my current system configuration (Win 7)...

OpenMW Launcher starts and seems to be trying to load something, but almost immediately crashes with this "MS-DOS style" error message (see the add-on)

As far as I understand it, the .ESM data file(s) do not load correctly; however, Morrowind itself starts and runs without a hitch, and I have selected the "/data files" folder in the OpenMW Launcher dialog box (also tried to edit the CFG file manually, that did not help either). Something seems to be fundamentally wrong on my side, but what ?.. That is the question.

I'm almost sure that I'm not the first one to face this problem, however I haven't found any viable solution so far.

Any ideas ?..
Attachments
open_mw_error_message.jpg
sirherrbatka

Re: OpenMW not running

Post by sirherrbatka »

support forum is here!
Zini

Re: OpenMW not running

Post by Zini »

Looks like the ini importer might not have run correctly (or not at all). You did run the importer when the launcher asked you to, right? That is mandatory. Let's have a look at your openmw.cfg file. if it doesn't have a line starting with fallback-archive= that is the problem. In this case you need to re-run the ini importer. Either manually from the command line or by changing firstrun=false to true in the launcher.cfg file.

btw. it is 0.23.0, not 0.2.3