0.23.0 Bugs

Support for running, installing or compiling OpenMW

Before you submit a bug report for the first time, please read: Bug reporting guidelines
K1ll

Re: 0.23.0 Bugs

Post by K1ll » 21 May 2013, 12:39

scrawl wrote:That gets us somewhere. There's 2 problems here:
- There's a bug in Ogre with GLSL programs. If one fails to compile, it tries recompiling it every frame and apparently causes some leakage while doing so, hence the low fps, huge Ogre.log and memory usage. This bug has been around for ages and I have no idea how to fix it.
- The shader preprocessor seems to behave non-deterministically in the 32 bit build. It seems to accept some #if statements regardless of whether they're true or not. Either there's something wrong with the build, or boost 1.53 (which the .tar.gz build uses) maybe broke something with our included copy of boost::wave (unlikely, since the 64 bit build works)
I have tried different boost versions and all versions that used the included copy of boost::wave had the bug. I've also recompiled the package with boost 1.53 and told shiny to use the systems boost::wave library and it worked fine. So i'm pretty sure that something must be broken in the included copy of boost::wave.

All this is of course only happening in the 32 bit version, the 64 bit version doesn't seem to have this bug at all.

RabidSquirrel

Post by RabidSquirrel » 03 Jun 2013, 04:15

Let me try again - the site logged me out while typing a post and I lost it.

Major bug using Kubuntu 13.04 64 bit. I have trouble looking down. When I look down my view freezes in a seemingly random place. When it does I can't look down or sideways. I have to move the mouse up a bit to unstick it before I can look any other direction. It seems like I can sometimes avoid this by looking down diagonally at an extreme angle, almost horizontally. I have the same problem with the cursor on the pause menu. I've used the same version on win7 with the same hardware and didn't have this problem.

sirherrbatka

Post by sirherrbatka » 03 Jun 2013, 05:50

Do you have autohide (or other non always on top) panel at the bottom?

RabidSquirrel

Post by RabidSquirrel » 03 Jun 2013, 07:43

Yeah, I turned autohide off and it seems to work fine now. I hope I don't have to turn it off every time I launch the game. Is this something that can be fixed? I've played other games without a problem so I'd assume it's an issue specific to the engine.

sirherrbatka

Post by sirherrbatka » 03 Jun 2013, 15:10

Hopefully this can be another argument for reimplentation of input control, without OIS.

Also: consider yourself lucky. I have panel on the left so I can't rotate my character left! :lol: