Debugging trouble

Support for running, installing or compiling OpenMW

Before you submit a bug report for the first time, please read: Bug reporting guidelines
lazydev

Debugging trouble

Post by lazydev »

Hello everyone, and please excuse me for my poor english.

I have a problem:
When openmw is under debugger (via Code::Blocks), and when it stops at a breakpoint, the openmw window collapses
and i am in IDE (thats good).

However, i am totally loose control over mouse, and, partially, over keyboard. No cursor, no reaction on mouseclicking,
no reaction on alt+tab ...

The only way to make it work again is to switch to a text terminal (ctrl+alt+F2) and kill openmw process.

Any ideas how to fix that?

My system is Lubuntu 12.10, Code::Blocks IDE. Openmw compiled from git://github.com/zinnschlag/openmw.git
scrawl

Re: Debugging trouble

Post by scrawl »

Run openmw with --debug switch
lazydev

Post by lazydev »

Thanks, that helped.

However, with debug switch there are two more problems appeared :)

1. After some time (approximately 30 sec) the gamestops to react on absolutely all keyboiard buttons.
no movement, no console, no escape menu....

2. It is impossible to use mouse for rotating on big angles. It allows only small change of direction - while mouse cursor goes from one border of screen to another
scrawl

Post by scrawl »

lazydev wrote: 1. After some time (approximately 30 sec) the gamestops to react on absolutely all keyboiard buttons.
no movement, no console, no escape menu....
Known OIS bug. Downgrading to version 1.2 should help.
2. It is impossible to use mouse for rotating on big angles. It allows only small change of direction - while mouse cursor goes from one border of screen to another
You'll have to live with that while debugging. Don't think there's a way around it when using OIS in nonexclusive mode.