How in the world am I spost to compile this?!

Support for running, installing or compiling OpenMW

Before you submit a bug report for the first time, please read: Bug reporting guidelines
ZafotheNinja

How in the world am I spost to compile this?!

Post by ZafotheNinja » 12 Oct 2012, 03:46

Hey all, I'm running windows 7 with a "Code blocks" compiler. I tried loading all the files in 0.12 i think, and no dice, no main file for that matter. Are there any lib's I'm missing to get this going? (ps: I'm basically a noob when it comes to c++ and compiling so don't go to hard on me ok.)

(I don't get on much so Don't nessesarly expect a reply, this is more of a resource for others.)

pvdk

Re: How in the world am I spost to compile this?!

Post by pvdk » 12 Oct 2012, 03:51

Since you state you are not a developer you better install a precompiled version of OpenMW. Also, 0.12 is an old version, the current version is 0.18. You can find installers for Windows on our Downloads page.

ZafotheNinja

Post by ZafotheNinja » 13 Oct 2012, 19:45

how am I spost to become a dev if I can't compile it? btw: thats when I Tried to compile it. I cirrently have 0.18 installed

ap0

Post by ap0 » 13 Oct 2012, 20:25

You don't know about C++ and compilation and you want to be a dev ?

ZafotheNinja

Post by ZafotheNinja » 13 Oct 2012, 23:55

It's called LEARNING... Are there any extra lib's or not? If I wanted to debate my coding/compiling skills I would have named the topic as such.

Tarius

Post by Tarius » 14 Oct 2012, 05:35

ZafotheNinja wrote:It's called LEARNING... Are there any extra lib's or not? If I wanted to debate my coding/compiling skills I would have named the topic as such.
Well, its a good bet that if you can figure this stuff out from the available material without asking too many questions, you will be fine.
I am a bigger fan of tons of control rather than taking the "user-friendly" approach.
-Okulo

psi29a
Gitlab profile: https://gitlab.com/psi29a/

Post by psi29a » 14 Oct 2012, 10:11

ZafotheNinja wrote:It's called LEARNING... Are there any extra lib's or not? If I wanted to debate my coding/compiling skills I would have named the topic as such.
Pro tip, no wants to work with people with that kind of attitude. Just saying. We'll help, but you need to be a bit more polite. It is rather uncommon that people come to this project to learn to program.

ZafotheNinja

Post by ZafotheNinja » 16 Oct 2012, 04:35

BrotherBrick wrote:
Pro tip, no wants to work with people with that kind of attitude. Just saying. We'll help, but you need to be a bit more polite. It is rather uncommon that people come to this project to learn to program.
I totally agree, sorry for getting so rude. I just don't like non helpful reply's that re-state the obvious.
Thank you, Ill look at it right away.

Edit: oops was quoting Tarus...