Shaders are broken since 0.17 on intel SNB & linux

Support for running, installing or compiling OpenMW

Before you submit a bug report for the first time, please read: Bug reporting guidelines
umd

Shaders are broken since 0.17 on intel SNB & linux

Post by umd »

Hello, I am using a laptop with linux and integrated video from intel. Since release of 0.17 shaders do not work for me anymore. I see only black screen with GLSL or white objects with CG backend. When all shader effects are disabled, picture looks normal. Everything seemed to work fine in 0.16 and older versions.

You may say that no one should be using integrated video for games, but Intel HD3000 (sandybridge gen2) is capable to run Skyrim.
Tech details: opensuse 12.1, x86_64, kernel 3.6-rc5, Mesa from git master (tried latest stable - same result).
scrawl

Re: Shaders are broken since 0.17 on intel SNB & linux

Post by scrawl »

need logs
also try if version 0.18 (just released) works
umd

Post by umd »

Still does not work right in 0.18

What kind of logs do you need? There aren't any errors or anything useful in console output. Even with "--debug" option[/. Just found ogre.log :)
Attachments
Ogre.log.gz
with GLSL enabled
(19.72 KiB) Downloaded 245 times
Last edited by umd on 01 Oct 2012, 19:44, edited 1 time in total.
scrawl

Post by scrawl »

the Ogre.log file in ~/.config/openmw, after you started the game and switched between glsl and cg.
umd

Post by umd »

Here are logs with "cg" shader backend
Attachments
Ogre.log.gz
CG logs
(6.76 KiB) Downloaded 263 times
werdanith

Post by werdanith »

Tried the game on Ubuntu 12.04 with Kernel 3.2 with an Intel HD Sandybridge GPU with the default 8.0.2 Mesa as well as 9.1 from the xorg-edgers ppa. With the default drivers I have a widely reported issue with some GUI elements that gets fixed with the new driver and with both drivers I have some issues with transparent objects when water reflections are enabled. Objects are white with cg on mine as well, but the only issue introduced with the new Mesa is some weird rendering issues with water reflections. Despite all the aforementioned issues the game renders fine.
umd

Post by umd »

Are there any news so far? Is it a bug of openmw or a hardware problem? Is it possible to fix that glitch some day? Maybe you need more information? Thank you.
Zini

Post by Zini »

Not a bug. From your log it seems your hardware isn't powerful enough to handle the shader requirements. I don't know if it possible (or feasible) to write a workaround. Will have to wait for scrawl to comment on it.
scrawl

Post by scrawl »

Your drivers are choking on something and I don't know what. It doesn't help either that you're the only one with that problem, while others use the same driver version just fine.
umd

Post by umd »

I've tried running with LIBGL_ALWAYS_SOFTWARE=1 and still have black screen. I've also built 0.19 from sources, but it didn't help either.