Bug tracker Editor category usage different?

Involved development of the OpenMW construction set.
Zini

Re: Bug tracker Editor category usage different?

Post by Zini »

Thanks.
Atahualpa

Post by Atahualpa »

@Zini: You have changed the title of my two latest issues from "OpenMW-CS: [...]" to "Editor: [...]". However, most of the editor-related issues still start with "OpenMW-CS:". What style should I/we use in the future?

I understand that "Editor:" ignores the actual name of our CS (in case the name changes) but "OpenMW-CS:" is much better to see when reading through the roadmap. Moreover, we want to propagate our editor's name, don't we?
Zini

Post by Zini »

We were almost consistently using Editor instead of OpenMW-CS before (see change log for example). Then someone got really excited about improving the tracker and changed all the Editor to OpenMW-CS. Not in favour of this change (if for nothing else, it causes me more work when updating the changelog).

The visual aspect is arguable. I find Editor: much easier on the eyes. And the bug tracker is not a place to advertise an application's name (or anything really).
Atahualpa

Post by Atahualpa »

Zini wrote:We were almost consistently using Editor instead of OpenMW-CS before (see change log for example). Then someone got really excited about improving the tracker and changed all the Editor to OpenMW-CS. Not in favour of this change (if for nothing else, it causes me more work when updating the changelog).
Good to know. I'll use "Editor" from now on.
Zini wrote:And the bug tracker is not a place to advertise an application's name (or anything really).
I was thinking of the release notes here -- but I guess a simple "search & replace" will do for these.