Manual & Icons

Involved development of the OpenMW construction set.
Cramal

Re: Manual & Icons

Post by Cramal »

Is it possible to add the compiled pdf in the git, so it can be access even on PC without latex installed?
K0kt409P

Post by K0kt409P »

I think it would be better to set up some kind of automatic process for compiling the manual and uploading it to downloads.openmw.org instead. Adding it to the git repo creates unnecessary overhead.
Zini

Post by Zini »

Is it possible to add the compiled pdf in the git, so it can be access even on PC without latex installed?
No.
I think it would be better to set up some kind of automatic process for compiling the manual and uploading it to downloads.openmw.org instead. Adding it to the git repo creates unnecessary overhead.
Yes, that sounds reasonable. We probably should include the manual in the release process and in the nightly builds.
Greendogo

Post by Greendogo »

Yes, agreed.
sirherrbatka

Post by sirherrbatka »

So no volunterees? Great… :roll:
sirherrbatka

Post by sirherrbatka »

There is simply no way I will ever be able to write everything on my own. Help anyone? :roll:
Cramal

Post by Cramal »

I have never used openCS but i have read the starting of the manual.

I can help, but not in the following two weeks.
Beginning of december, i will have more time and try to help you as i can
Zini

Post by Zini »

It seems the manual project has died again. More like it is beginning to rot away.
Any chance to revive it? This is starting to both get tiring and urgent. OpenMW-CS isn't that far from getting usable and in fact some people seem to have started using it already.
sjek

Post by sjek »

how about this one:

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1QC3 ... edit?pli=1#

lot's of editing (tried to first in zoho docs and word 2003 export copypaste..) but better for sandbox. if some text marks are left for latex it could be easier later search and replace

https://github.com/OpenMW/openmw/blob/m ... ilters.tex those to end are in there right now
Zini

Post by Zini »

I am not sure what you are trying to do here. If there are any improvements in the linked google docs I don't see them, because there are no diffs. We use git for a reason.