Feature #1274

Involved development of the OpenMW construction set.
sirherrbatka

Feature #1274

Post by sirherrbatka »

Working on it right now. Some questions arised.

How do we want to handle non-existing cells? The most logical solution would be create cell on drop (and if it is dropped on proper field) if it does not exist. However: it is most logical FOR ME, so i decided to ask about that. Also: what about dropping on the non existing cells? It should simply create the cell (again, if dropped is accepted), right?
Zini

Re: Feature #1274

Post by Zini »

Dropping a non-existent cell onto something should ignore the cell, unless the drop target is a paged worldspace. In this case just add the cell to the worldpsace subview without creating it. The paged worldspace subview can handle non-existent cells.

Ignore dropping on non-existent cells in the region map. At least by default. We can however have a user settings option to implicitly create a new cell in this case (yay for a user settings implementation that is finally usable).
sirherrbatka

Post by sirherrbatka »

Ok, thanks. At this point i have no idea what paged worldspace is, but i will figure this out rather fast. And it does not change things i need to do in the region map.

I want to add new type enum for the universallid: Type_NeCell (not existing cell). It will be used to distingiush existing cell drops from non-existing one. It will appear only in the universallid stored within TableMimeData.

Are you ok with this solution?
Zini

Post by Zini »

Paged worldspace: Think exterior cells. All of them together. That is a worldspace. And it is paged (we are paging cells in and out).

Universal ID: Please avoid cryptic abbreviations. Other than that, okay.
sirherrbatka

Post by sirherrbatka »

Ok, i think i'm close to solving both 1274 and 1275, but i kinda miss full understanding ot the design so I require a bit of assistance. Can i switch the cell loaded into the unpaged worldspace the way i'm trying to do (basicly set mCellId and than call update). If yes, why there is no signal to update the dock title (should i add one)?

The recent code is on the github in my branch.
Zini

Post by Zini »

Answered most of that on github. Switching must happen in the scene subview. A partial implementation for cell selection adjustments (only for the case of paged worldspaces) is already available there.