Scene Toolbar Icon Request

Involved development of the OpenMW construction set.
Zini

Re: Scene Toolbar Icon Request

Post by Zini »

We are going for a compact solution here. Its only a single button on the toolbar. This button shows the currently selected mode. If you click it, a small panel pops up that contains all the navigation mode buttons. Kinda like a graphical variant of a drop-down list.
Okulo

Post by Okulo »

Right, well, that's different, forget I said anything.

I'd still go for the camera icon, though, instead of an eye. Those three circles might not be immediately recognizable. And still, it's an eyeball. Eww. The camera has a nice, universally recognized silhouette.
Nomadic1

Post by Nomadic1 »

Haha, the eye icons I tried looked bad compared to the others. That's why the eyeball :)
Zini

Post by Zini »

So, where are we standing now?
RPGmaster

Post by RPGmaster »

Hi, I'm interested in helping, but as someone who has never used OpenCS before I'm not sure where to start. Is their like a list of icons that are needed I can go by?
Zini

Post by Zini »

The functionality of the required icons is described here in the thread (we will get more soon). Apparently we haven't been able to decide yet how they should look.
RPGmaster

Post by RPGmaster »

I would try sticking to the Tango Project's style guidelines, so that if their happens to be any existing Tango icons that fits our needs we can use them while keeping a consistent look throughout the app.
RPGmaster

Post by RPGmaster »

Is the current icon in need the ones for camera control? I drew this sketch real quick on my phone.
Sketch183141956.png
In order:

Orbiting Camera (a camera flying around a fixed point)

First Person (Camera sticking out of a person)

Free Camera (a camera with the a traditional "unlinked" icon in the corner of it)

I'll go ahead and try to make one into a proper icon if y'all like the concept. :)
Zini

Post by Zini »

That looks interesting.
Nomadic1

Post by Nomadic1 »

I won't be able to make the icons you need. It's my final year of uni and the workload for that is getting too much.