Scene Toolbar Icon Request

Involved development of the OpenMW construction set.
UndeadJelly

Re: Scene Toolbar Icon Request

Post by UndeadJelly »

I made some buttons up quick off RPGmasters sketch, they aren't much to look at but I figured until someone with some artistic ability or i learn to make better buttons these might be helpful. I will try and pretty them up as well, so any critiques are good as I have never tried to do buttons before.
Attachments
OPENCS Buttons.zip
OPENCS Buttons
(5.08 MiB) Downloaded 205 times
Zini

Post by Zini »

Some of them look pretty nice. But they are also completely incompatible with the art style used in OpenCS so far.
UndeadJelly

Post by UndeadJelly »

I have downloaded the icons i found spread out around the forums and will try and match those styles. I can't find any SVG files it would help if I had access to those as well if they are floating around somewhere.
sirherrbatka

Post by sirherrbatka »

nomadic1 was using raster editor.
Nomadic1

Post by Nomadic1 »

No, I was using illustrator to create the basic shape, and photoshop to make adjustments to make them proper icon-y.

I can't save them in SVG format because gradients and transparencies don't save too well in that format.
SwissCM

Post by SwissCM »

Just fucking around
icon_test.png
sirherrbatka

Post by sirherrbatka »

I kinda like the eyeball.

Anyway: I want to just remind all of you that nomadic1 putted considerable ammount of effort to create icons in coherent style (even recreating icons that were made by me). We certainly don't want to scrap all of it. I don't think we want to scrap even a single icon. And we want to keep our icons coherent. So i strongly suggest to emulate nomadic1 visiual style (the simplest solution).
Zini

Post by Zini »

Yes, that was the idea behind it (align future icon work to the icons we already have).
UndeadJelly

Post by UndeadJelly »

So it is a bit easier for people to get up to speed on what the style is, I have compiled all the Icons I could find that seemed, to me at least, match nomadic1's style.
Style Guide.jpg
sirherrbatka

Post by sirherrbatka »

We have icons in our git repository (i think that even there are my old (and terrilble) svg files are avaiable somewhere). Just download zip if you are interested (github has any web interface for that, so you don't even have to install git).