consultations etc.

Involved development of the OpenMW construction set.
sirherrbatka

Re: consultations etc.

Post by sirherrbatka »

Does true and false nullary expressions have any practical use case?
Zini

Post by Zini »

Temporarily disabling a part of a filter without having to erase that part. Also, true for a complete view of everything (an empty filter string works for that too, though).
sirherrbatka

Post by sirherrbatka »

Ok, didn't thinked about it.
sirherrbatka

Post by sirherrbatka »

I think that the next thing to describe are our files and directories. But i'm not quite sure if this thing should belong to the wiki or manual. Besides: i must admit that It is not quite clear to me what directories we are using on all systems. Do we have wiki page listing it or it is somwhere on the forums?
Zini

Post by Zini »

The user does not need to bother with things like installation directories. He obviously should know about the user directory. And then there is the list of default data directories that also might be worth mentioning.

I do not think we have a per-operating system list of these.
sirherrbatka

Post by sirherrbatka »

Ok, now about files: is there any difference between omwaddon.project and omwaddon? What actually project file contains?
Zini

Post by Zini »

There is no omwaddon.project file type. The file type is project. omwaddon is part of the project name (so you can have both x.omwgame and x.omwaddon, if you desire so).

The project file follows the general structure we use for content files and saved game files (the stuff we inherited from esx). For the time being the project file is nothing more than a container for filter records with project scope.
sirherrbatka

Post by sirherrbatka »

Oh, right. That's actually less confusing than i thought.
Okulo

Post by Okulo »

Referenceable potions have an "Auto-Calc" attribute set to false. That makes sense as these are preset and only self-made potions are automatically calculated when you make them. Why then is there a "true" option in Referenceables?

Skill books have an "Attribute" attribute but no "Skill" attribute. 36 Lessons of Vivec, Sermon 16 has Personality tied to it, but in Morrowind it raises your Axe skill. How does that work?
Zini

Post by Zini »

Referenceable potions have an "Auto-Calc" attribute set to false. That makes sense as these are preset and only self-made potions are automatically calculated when you make them. Why then is there a "true" option in Referenceables?
Interesting. When setting up the tables I did that based on our ESM record data structures. There is an auto calc field for potions, but it is not used anywhere in OpenMW (and it is probably not a flag either). Even for self-made potions we are not making use of it (no point since all effects are fixed at potion creation).

At this point I have actually no idea what this field is for. We need to figure that out and then adjust the record structs/OpenMW/OpenCS accordingly.
Skill books have an "Attribute" attribute but no "Skill" attribute. 36 Lessons of Vivec, Sermon 16 has Personality tied to it, but in Morrowind it raises your Axe skill. How does that work?
Bug.