Reporting non functional filters

Involved development of the OpenMW construction set.
Zini

Re: Reporting non functional filters

Post by Zini »

btw. maybe we should go over your list of filters to make sure there are no redundant or problematic ones. Sorry, I should have proposed that at the beginning.
sirherrbatka

Post by sirherrbatka »

Yes, this GMST dependent, but i have never seen anyone actually altering it ─ it would brake simply speaking everything.

Well, ability to use regular expressions is nice addition, i didn't studied string token carefully it seems! ;-)

What about filtring deadric/iron/steel items? This would work only with english locale, only for morrowind and not for custom created games but it would make a nice example for users.

I can also put this into the manual that i plan to start making.
Zini

Post by Zini »

Yes, this GMST dependent, but i have never seen anyone actually altering it ─ it would brake simply speaking everything.
For a TC changing them would be not unusual at all.
What about filtring deadric/iron/steel items? This would work only with english locale, only for morrowind and not for custom created games but it would make a nice example for users.
Not being useful for other games than MW is not much of a problem. They are more likely than not to have at least iron and steel and deleting a few useless filters is easy.
The language is another point, but I strongly believe that any non-user visible part of the content should be developed in English only. That is also what Bethesda did with MW, so an iron filter should work just fine for localised versions of MW, as long as you check only on the ID and not the name.
I can also put this into the manual that i plan to start making.
Interesting. What kind of format do you have in mind? I was thinking of our wiki, backed by some tutorial videos.
sirherrbatka

Post by sirherrbatka »

Interesting. What kind of format do you have in mind? I was thinking of our wiki, backed by some tutorial videos.
Wikipedia + pdf for does who want to have a paper book. Maybe a wikibook. I don't feel like I want to create videos, but in case of filters it is not needed ─ good examples are sufficient.

about filters:
I want to create one for each record type, weapon type, armor type…

left and right gauntlet are filtred by the same filter, same for gloves and bracers. (I think I should make one bracers+gauntlets filter)
There is a filter for both longblade1H and longblade2H as well as one that will be able to show both types. You can also filter all weapons at once. Same method is used for clothing and armor.
lockpicks and probes filtered by the securitytools
apparatus ─ alchemytools
armorertools for repair tools.

In addition to this:
Interior cells (no region)
Exterior cells (any region)
interior cells with water
interior cells that behave like exteriors
inventory object (controversial I guess: for now I use any icon filter for that)
all scripted
activators with bed script
all modified/added/deleted/base
organinc containers
inorganic containers
actors filter to show both npcs and creatures
show enchanted scrolls/books

Not ready yet, but planned:
keys
soulgems
iron/deadric/ebon/steel etc. items
slave npcs
essential npcs
male/female npcs
maybe other filters
Zini

Post by Zini »

Sounds good, mostly.
inventory object (controversial I guess: for now I use any icon filter for that)
You should be able to filter byte record type and in case of lights by an additional flag. Technically an inventory item does not need to have an icon. Obviously a finished content file would have icons, but during development it is not unusual for them to be missing.
sirherrbatka

Post by sirherrbatka »

Ok, I just made correct filter for inventory objects.