Saving

Involved development of the OpenMW construction set.
Zini

Saving

Post by Zini »

I have started tinkering with the save implementation. Once this feature is done, we can at least theoretically use the editor for some very basic editing. Not sufficient for practical use, but good enough for a demonstration. Wtih the new content file selector UI and the drag and drop feature (currently worked on by graffy and CramitDeFrog, respectively), we should be ready to properly introduce OpenCS to the public in a short video.

Note that we are not loading all records yet and the first incarnation of saving will also not save all records (obviously not those that are not loaded, but probably also not the cells, since there are a few not yet solved problems with the cell/reference tables).

I also have a small task for our community.

To avoid data loss because of incomplete load and save I added a warning to the startup window:
Screenshot.png
Please keep watching the forums and if someone shows up to complain about data loss, make sure to mock him properly.
Zedd

Re: Saving

Post by Zedd »

Hahaha, I'm thinking about making a fake acount to see the reactions you guys will give! (shit I shouldn't say that)

Very exciting to bring a small demonstration about the editor to the public, I've been aching to do this for some time.
Greendogo

Post by Greendogo »

Oh, now this is exciting. Can't wait to play around with this!
Tarius

Post by Tarius »

Nice. I cant wait to mock the people that inevitably come here to complain.