ESX selector and stuff

Involved development of the OpenMW construction set.
graffy

Re: ESX selector and stuff

Post by graffy »

Right - I will work on fixing the launcher layout and see if there's any other quick fixes I can do. I still plan on giving it a thorough going-over before I move on, though.
pvdk

Post by pvdk »

sirherrbatka wrote:inconsistent icon style in launcher is terrible.
I agree! Let's have Nomadic1 create some for us in the same style he used for OpenCS.
graffy

Post by graffy »

Ok. Latest changes pushed to my 'esxSelector' branch.

As of this push:

1. Launcher dialog layout issue has been fixed
2. drag-drop is functional
3. implemented filtering of addons which do not have the selected game file in their dependency list. Addons will only appear if *all* of their immediate parents have been selected. That means that if an addon has another addon as a dependency, it will be inviisble until that dependency is selected, even though the appropriate game file is chosen.

I think it's been discussed that it was desirable to show all addons that depend on the selected gamefile, regardless of whether or not their entire dependency list has been selected. I imagine it would be better to do that, and if an addon is chosen which has another addon as a dependency, then the unchosen dependency should be automatically selected, correct?

If so, it's probably a quick thing to fix, but I want to confirm that, first.

Also, no sorting is effective at this point. I'm putting thought into that, but haven't made headway just yet.

Finally, I have not verified the state of the other features (like profile management in the launcher), so it could be there are other broken items. It's my next focus, unless someone has a different opinion.

Anyway, let me know if there are any other immediate issues that need to be addressed.
Zini

Post by Zini »

I think it's been discussed that it was desirable to show all addons that depend on the selected gamefile, regardless of whether or not their entire dependency list has been selected. I imagine it would be better to do that, and if an addon is chosen which has another addon as a dependency, then the unchosen dependency should be automatically selected, correct?
Correct.
Anyway, let me know if there are any other immediate issues that need to be addressed.
The new widgets (from my saving branch)? Because without these the create addon and load content file features are effectively broken.

Edit: Also, unless I am missing something here, the selector is still not showing .omwgame and .omwaddon files.
graffy

Post by graffy »

regarding .omwgame / o.mwaddon stuff - I realize now I've never tested those extensions, though I know I had included them in the filter. I will fix that - but do you have any test files I can use? Otherwise, I think I'll have to copy some esm's/esp's and use a hex editor to change their dependency list....

Saving branch widgets - I knew I was forgetting something... :) I'll start looking at that as soon as I can.
Zini

Post by Zini »

graffy wrote:regarding .omwgame / o.mwaddon stuff - I realize now I've never tested those extensions, though I know I had included them in the filter. I will fix that - but do you have any test files I can use? Otherwise, I think I'll have to copy some esm's/esp's and use a hex editor to change their dependency list....
You can use my saving branch to create a new .omwgame file, but not a .omwaddon file (because in its current state both create new addon and edit content list are broken). However to get a .omwaddon file, all you have to to is to make a copy of an esp and change the extensions. Likewise you could get an .omwgame file by making a copy of Morrowind.esm and change the extension.
graffy

Post by graffy »

Not that I mean to make unnecessary suggestions that might over-complicate things.. but... Wouldn't it be better to make OpenCS an entirely separate project from OpenMW? I only ask because it takes a long time to recompile *everything* when I switch bewteen branches or do something that requires me to clean / rebuild / re-run cmake...

Anyway, I anticipate that would be fraught with potential issues, but as the development of OpenCS matures, it seems as though it ought to be spearated from OpenMW... post 1.0, at least.
Zini

Post by Zini »

That is a no go, because OpenMW and OpenCS share a lot of code. We would have to create a 3rd project that becomes a dependency of both. Also, we need to pay close attention to keep OpenMW and OpenCS in sync. A single project for both is actually the better solution for that.
graffy

Post by graffy »

I've looked more closely at your widget changes and I think that code is already incorporated into my esxSelector branch. May not be the most up-to-date, but I get the initial dialog with the three buttons (with a fourth "settings" button), and each one opens a differnt dialog. Have you run the code from my esxSelector branch? Is something missing / broken that I don't see?
Zini

Post by Zini »

The adjuster widget is missing both from create new addon and from edit content file. The new addon mode is using a custom widget for entering the new files name instead of the one I made.

Also, I quite a few warnings: https://gist.github.com/zinnschlag/6661008